Pete rose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Rose in HOF

• YES

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • NO

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, no. He bet on baseball. There are signs in every clubhouse, NOT TO BET ON BASEBALL. Absolutely not.

Someone else said it, and I know it's harsh, but, it's a lifetime ban. When he passes, the ban should be lifted, he should be put on the ballot, and then let the voters decide. That's my opinion, and there will be many that disagree, and that's okay. I understand.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, no. He bet on baseball. There are signs in every clubhouse, NOT TO BET ON BASEBALL. Absolutely not.

Someone else said it, and I know it's harsh, but, it's a lifetime ban. When he passes, the ban should be lifted, he should be put on the ballot, and then let the voters decide. That's my opinion, and there will be many that disagree, and that's okay. I understand.

^^^ This is pretty much it. He knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences.
He says he never bet against the Reds and this is true. BUT, when he didn't bet ON the Reds, he (wittingly or unwittingly) gave a bunch of racketeers information that they wouldn't have had otherwise. Nobody ever suggested that he should be prosecuted.

He got off easy, he's rich, and he's a martyr. Let him stay on that cross. I think he kind of likes it up there.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ This is pretty much it. He knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences.
He says he never bet against the Reds and this is true. BUT, when he didn't bet ON the Reds, he (wittingly or unwittingly) gave a bunch of racketeers information that they wouldn't have had otherwise. Nobody ever suggested that he should be prosecuted.

He got off easy, he's rich, and he's a martyr. Let him stay on that cross. I think he kind of likes it up there.

I don't have the names but aren't there plenty of players in the Hall of Fame that didn't want to let blacks and other minorities play the game. Interesting how some guys bets on the game and gets denied while apparently some racist get in to the Hall. And some please explain how baseball writers got the authority to decide who gets in and who doesn't.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it should be decided.. is it a museum or a Hall of Fame? It can't really be both if players of monumental importance are censored. Some guys that are currently up for election and will likely never make it into the HOF have items inside Cooperstown on display for all to see. Which is it?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it should be decided.. is it a museum or a Hall of Fame? It can't really be both if players of monumental importance are censored. Some guys that are currently up for election and will likely never make it into the HOF have items inside Cooperstown on display for all to see. Which is it?

Well it isn't a hall of enfamy or at least it didn't use to be. Baseball is outdated obsolite, not worth worrying about. Oh, It's our weee freind Pete Rose, with eese gaptooth smile and eese Moe Howard hairdo. Should we not let the lad into the hall of fame?

No. We shouldn't. If we let him in, it will signal the triumph of liberal Namby Pambyism. "Oh, it's ok Peet, you get a trophy too, then we all go out for icecream."

This is the kind of feel good liberal boo-she-it that is sucking the very last corpuscles out of American civilization.
The whole frabric of our society is begnning to unravel.

And I see that a lot of people on this board are in support of it.
Hell in a hand bag boys. Hell in a hand bag

ConstantChange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote no. He broke the rules and is now paying the consequences. The HOF is an honor, not a right. If the wording is a lifetime ban, I'm okay with him being put on the ballet after he dies. If the voters want to vote him in then, fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom