Pete rose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Rose in HOF

• YES

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • NO

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was betting on his own team in the games he thought they would win. He didn't bet at all when he thought they would lose.
What did that tell the bookies?
If he had never bet on the Reds at all... that might or might not be different.

Not much seeing as how Pete was never much a success at his gambling

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say put him in, with a note on his plaque that he was disgraced for betting on the game. I don't want to see him at the podium giving a speech, but he does belong in the HOF.

I have been to Cooperstown and it is great!

Not to start a rant here, but I also think it is much to easy for players to get in these days....it's the Hall of Fame...not the Hall of Good Stats. My personal criteria is: If I were to tell an accurate accounting of the game of baseball during a players specific era...and a players name is not mentioned...they do not belong in the HOF. I am not a McGwire or Bonds fan by any means...but you absolutely cannot talk about baseball during the late 90's and early 2000's and not discuss their Homerun chases...I say put them in as well. As I stated above about Pete Rose...I have no problems with putting on their plaque what they were accused of...that is as much a part of the story as their statistics...

Latest posts

Top Bottom