Pheasant Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My success for last weekend pheasant hunt in the panhandle. I killed all three on the last homestead we hunted that day, the wind was about ninety out of the north, and yes the Coors was for after the hunt.
[Broken External Image]

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We had two labs but they should have left them at home because they would not retrevie or hunt dead. We just bum rushed homsteads and walk huge feed feilds. It wasn't untill the last homestead that I was in the right spot.

Reloader27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the closest decent public hunting from Tulsa that I could get in on some pheasants? Do I need to be west and north at least to like Ponca City or is there anywhere closer?

bigR73942

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went Wednesday and today. Tough hunting around Pond Creek and Wakita this year. It has been tremendous in the past. Walked all morning today and one more field after lunch and only shot one pheasant and lost it. I got 5 quail and one of the other guys out of 6 got a pheasant and a quail and that was all we got as a group. Kicked up several hens close but very few roosters.

I have been hunting in the panhandle and have good luck considering the dry warm weather I cant wait fo the snow !!

bigR73942

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had two labs but they should have left them at home because they would not retrevie or hunt dead. We just bum rushed homsteads and walk huge feed feilds. It wasn't untill the last homestead that I was in the right spot.

It has been my experience out there in Texas and Cimarron counties the dogs are not as effective if they from down state untill after the first snow due to the dry dirt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went Wednesday and today. Tough hunting around Pond Creek and Wakita this year. It has been tremendous in the past. Walked all morning today and one more field after lunch and only shot one pheasant and lost it. I got 5 quail and one of the other guys out of 6 got a pheasant and a quail and that was all we got as a group. Kicked up several hens close but very few roosters.

Got some deer hunting to do, but will be around the pond creek area this weekend. Its not a big area, but will see what happens.
Talked to a guy tonight that had been at Wakita today, and he said it was poor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom