Phrases that you hate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at VZD's watching Servotron play. Half way through their set the drummer, in his best robot voice, said that the guitar player "is going to beat me prior to tonight's show." This prompted me to yell "go buy a f***ing vocabulary builder". It was a good drunken laugh for everyone at my table. Everyone else just looked confused.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"We're very different people." I mean didn't Jenny say that to Forrest Gump before she went and got AIDS and came back to die in his momma's bed? I've literally had that said to me twice in the last 8 months. If those girls ever need a bed to die of AIDS in, it sure as hell ain't gonna be my momma's.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant believe we are on page four and the phrase that irks me more than any other is not on here.

In the military I have run into too many people usually higher ranking enlisted that say things like: You need to be very pacific. Instead of specific. Drives me nuts and ruins their credibility.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you make a mistake on a project and the person you're working for says 'we need to me a bit more mindful of this'. We do? You're in an office halfway across the country. I'm the one here who screwed up. Just go ahead and yell at me so we'll all feel better. This isn't marriage counseling, 'we' don't need to work on anything. I need to stop jacking around so JUST SAY IT DUDE.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I literally say 'rad' and 'boss' and 'proverbial' all the time, too, so I really shouldn't be allowed to post ITT.

I also call men 'cats' my sister 'bro' and women 'dude'.

pls kill me

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has to be "LOL", especially when someone says it out loud.
"Obamacare" is worse though, it reminds me of the federal goverment as a whole and how it's run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom