Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying that we should use short barreled AR pistols with any stock that we choose, government be damned?
Frankly I say we remove every offending pistol brace, put them in a pile and start baiting these bastards for their infringements, but I am open to more reasonable approaches.

We have the right/ responsibility to refute any unconstitutional law, rule, etm. As I understand my rights, they don't have the authority to make that call. In my humble opinion that was true in 1934 and is still true today. I can't imagine wasting time worrying how to appease tyrants that depend on my tax dollars to infringe on my rights.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am honestly surprised it took them this long , as this brace business has always been a work around to the stamp problem for SBR's Keep in mind I am all for abolishing the NFA but to be honest the ATF has a LONG LONG history of making shite up as they go along. I am old enough to remember the sputter gun after the Hughes Amendment was passed.

When you are allowed to make the rules up as you go along and then change your mind at anytime and even if you don't change the rules, but you apply them differently on a case by case and day to day basis you will get the monkey business we have right now .

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Frankly I say we remove every offending pistol brace, put them in a pile and start baiting these bastards for their infringements, but I am open to more reasonable approaches.

We have the right/ responsibility to refute any unconstitutional law, rule, etm. As I understand my rights, they don't have the authority to make that call. In my humble opinion that was true in 1934 and is still true today. I can't imagine wasting time worrying how to appease tyrants that depend on my tax dollars to infringe on my rights.
I can definitely understand that sentiment but are you saying that you ignore all gun laws and encourage others to do the same? If so, I completely respect your right to do so, but if you are not ignoring all gun laws why do you question mine or anyone else's decision whether to follow gun laws or not?

As far as this pistol brace thing specifically, I have wanted a SBR for some time but like with suppressors, I refuse to pay the tax stamp penalty. Depending how this all plays out, I may end up with one or two legal SBRs without paying that $200 tax to do so.

If it turns out that all or most of the 4-10 million or whatever pistol brace owners refuse to comply, then I am on board with that, but otherwise I will do what I believe is best for me and my situation.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can definitely understand that sentiment but are you saying that you ignore all gun laws and encourage others to do the same? If so, I completely respect your right to do so, but if you are not ignoring all gun laws why do you question mine or anyone else's decision whether to follow gun laws or not?

As far as this pistol brace thing specifically, I have wanted a SBR for some time but like with suppressors, I refuse to pay the tax stamp penalty. Depending how this all plays out, I may end up with one or two legal SBRs without paying that $200 tax to do so.

If it turns out that all or most of the 4-10 million or whatever pistol brace owners refuse to comply, then I am on board with that, but otherwise I will do what I believe is best for me and my situation.
Sorry Don I don't mean to come off as inflammatory towards you directly.

I can't imagine a scenario that we should tolerate any further erosion of our rights and I don't think people are considering the consequences of compiling or registering themselves or their property to any government. The .gov crowd has made it very clear what lengths they are willing to take things if we do not comply with their demands. That is terrifying to consider individually! Heck I am worried about how I am making this statement and wondering if it will bite me in the butt.

So, yes, it will take acts of mass noncompliance and it's got to start with conversations just like this to get that ball rolling. Ben Franklin said it best, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just now reading this and not sure i understand all this BS completely. if we have a ar pistol, with a 11.5" barrel, and a shockwave brace it is now illegal, unless you do the paperwork to call it a SBR, or remove the brace and leave it with the tube, and DONT shoulder it?

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re: NFA Trusts, per an attorney on Ammoland….
https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/im...atfs-regulations-pistol-braces/#axzz7qauzHBiA Important Point with article:
Read more: Important Update Regarding the BATF’s Regulations on Pistol Braces
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

There may be a small window, perhaps closing as early as this morning, January 16, 2023, to assign your pistol brace-equipped firearms to your NFA trust in order to get the items registered to the trust without paying a fee. I would suggest that you sign a notarized “assignment to trust” of the item(s) that you are transferring to you trust. If you cannot get to a notary in time, most of them will be off today, perhaps a signed and dated assignment with a witness or two may suffice. If the transfer is not done in time, you can still register the item as an individual and then later transfer it to a trust at which point it will cost $200.

Latest posts

Top Bottom