Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can definitely understand that sentiment but are you saying that you ignore all gun laws and encourage others to do the same? If so, I completely respect your right to do so, but if you are not ignoring all gun laws why do you question mine or anyone else's decision whether to follow gun laws or not?

As far as this pistol brace thing specifically, I have wanted a SBR for some time but like with suppressors, I refuse to pay the tax stamp penalty. Depending how this all plays out, I may end up with one or two legal SBRs without paying that $200 tax to do so.

If it turns out that all or most of the 4-10 million or whatever pistol brace owners refuse to comply, then I am on board with that, but otherwise I will do what I believe is best for me and my situation.

Problem is with your statement is that we aren't talking about a law.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today is an opportunity to contact your congressman/congresswoman & let them know how you feel regarding this ruling from the ATF on arm braces. I recommend that you call both their local Oklahoma State office i.e. here in the state, as well as their office in Washington DC and leave your messages. You can find this information via your ZIP Code and Google who is my congressman/woman, per zip code.
Please be polite and respectful and there will be more favorable acceptance if we do so.
y’all have a blessed day!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own a pistol-braced weapon, but I have been following this topic and it would seem to me that for those who have an AR with a brace on it and an upper shorter than will be allowed without a stamp, can just install a 16" barrel or upper and be done with it until hopefully the rule gets overturned later? I am not a legal expert of course. I've not seen anything yet that says the brace itself must be registered because as people have been saying, the lower (or other gun) is what is engraved is registering the gun for a tax stamp? Also, I would imagine that many folks who get a stamp would toss the brace aside and put a real stock on the gun once it was legal?

Also as previously mentioned, I have seen a lot of airsoft gun pictures with what looks like the same style braces so these apparently are not only for real guns. As for the MPX, that would suck if someone paid for one of those and then had the rug pulled but maybe they can order a 16" barrel for those?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is with your statement is that we aren't talking about a law.
And that is exactly what I rant on here about that our republican elected leaders are failing us. I'd like to see Lankford and about 30 other members of congress hold a press conference after the deadline with their braced guns (unloaded) and be willing to suffer political persecution or imprisonment to represent us. Just like Gahndi or Mandela or someone. But they won't...Our leaders do not push back in the face of unconstitutional activities. They will just go on Fox for a quick blurb and complain and then move on. I don't hear conservative talk radio talking about it either because they do not know anything about guns despite claiming they do.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230117_104443_Chrome.jpg

93a30b14afff64b1.png

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: NFA Trusts, per an attorney on Ammoland….
https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/im...atfs-regulations-pistol-braces/#axzz7qauzHBiA Important Point with article:
Read more: Important Update Regarding the BATF’s Regulations on Pistol Braces
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

There may be a small window, perhaps closing as early as this morning, January 16, 2023, to assign your pistol brace-equipped firearms to your NFA trust in order to get the items registered to the trust without paying a fee. I would suggest that you sign a notarized “assignment to trust” of the item(s) that you are transferring to you trust. If you cannot get to a notary in time, most of them will be off today, perhaps a signed and dated assignment with a witness or two may suffice. If the transfer is not done in time, you can still register the item as an individual and then later transfer it to a trust at which point it will cost $200.
I find this one super interesting. I got mine on my trust as of the 14th. The faq for the atf said before it posts to the register too, but the website to fill it out says must be done prior to the 13th

Latest posts

Top Bottom