Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pros:
You get a free tax stamp.
Cons:
The "SBR" must be registered by an individual--it cannot be added to a trust.
Once registered, you cannot take it out of the state of registry without AFT permission.
Once registered, the tax stamp holder is the only one who can handle the firearm (excepting a registered FFL or gunsmith, I presume.)
Once registered, the AFT knows what you have and where you have it.

I don't know about you but the cons outweigh the pros on this one. I would wait until we see how the court challenges fare. I've already noticed a few places where they may have left themselves wide open to having the rule, if not the entire NFA, struck down as unconstitutional.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pros:
Cons:
Once registered, you cannot take it out of the state of registry without AFT permission.
Once registered, the tax stamp holder is the only one who can handle the firearm (excepting a registered FFL or gunsmith, I presume.)

I don't know about you but the cons outweigh the pros on this one. I would wait until we see how the court challenges fare. I've already noticed a few places where they may have left themselves wide open to having the rule, if not the entire NFA, struck down as unconstitutional.
Amen!!!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone on a different thread a few weeks back was adamant that they withdrew the "free" amnesty period and that it was gonna be $200. I'll see if I can find it but it's still just forum heresy without documentation
It's not a "free" tax stamp. They have to charge you the $200. They will just issue a forbearance to offset the tax, thus making it legal while staying within IRS regulations.--or so I've heard.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Someone on a different thread a few weeks back was adamant that they withdrew the "free" amnesty period and that it was gonna be $200. I'll see if I can find it but it's still just forum heresy without documentation.
Prob one of these
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...g-rid-of-pistol-braces-before-december.342898
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/is-the-atf-planning-a-pistol-brace-amnesty-registration.340730
Yeah, but this is the final signed regulation, and I didn't see anything about the fee. May have missed so I'll go scour the thing.
I will be emailing these links to Cole and the two senators...we'll see if they do something.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pros:
Cons:

Can't all this be overruled by doing a standard form 1 for a standard SBR the old fashioned way, with a trust?
Then can't you do whatever you want, brace or stock, and any barrel length?

Latest posts

Top Bottom