Pizza delivery woman opened fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the only reason they didn't fire her, is that the store she works for required her to use her own car, had she been packin in a company or store owned vehicle she probably would have been canned.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would take being fired over any alternative the thief decides to deal out to me!

Just as the "would be robber" in Okc at the convenience store is dead, maybe if more of these hit the news, the "would be's" would be thinking "hey maybe I better not" ??

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes to both. The company can point to the statistics about robberies yet the families left behind when the clerk ends up on the short end of the statistics get to deal with the grief and sorrow. Obviously the convenience store industry can be very lucrative. Witness the private jet hangar for QT at TIA and the ranking of QT as the 24th largest privately held company. QT is also well thought of as a desirable employer. It comes down to choices we all make in this matter. For example, teachers have chosen that they can't have a weapon at the school and trust that they will stay on the good side of the statistics from the time they leave their door in the morning until they return. This is what the law requires. Others have to make a similar choice of no weapon while working to remain in compliance with the employer's rules rather than the law. That's a little easier since one choice is getting fired for a violation versus the choice of being defenseless/dead, rather than potentially going to jail in the case of the teacher. Again, statistics and choices - factors that are there everyday, whether we acknowledge it or not.

QT is an example of what an employer can accomplish if they treat their people right. I have discussed their gun policy with one of their fairly high level management people, and their take seems to be strictly statistics driven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom