Place to hunt Rio's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riochaser

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello Oklahoma Shooters. I'm from Michigan and I am looking for some help finding a good place to hunt Rio's on public or private land. Any information anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated. My brother and I are very active hunters and taxidermists. Would even be willing to trade a hunt if anybody was interested in hunting easterns in michigan. If you are the application deadline here in michigan is fast approaching. Thanks again. We are looking forward to visiting your great state.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are coming this far to hunt, I would recommend getting a guide. I am thinking it would be too expensive to come this far and not do well. Here is a guide I know that has a good bunkhouse to sleep in and lots of turkeys. His name is Justin Eakins and here is his website...http://www.canadianriverhilton.com/turkey.php
My brother has also had good success with "No Mercy" outfitters in Gracemont, OK. Here is their website...http://www.nomercyhunting.com/ If you are going to try to do it on public land, expect lots of competition. You can be successful but it can be pretty tough hunting. Go west for the best chance. Any public areas west of I-35 will likely have birds. Good luck to you.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can 2nd Imhntn on the public land. Black Kettle National Grassland is riddled with turkeys but it also difficult to locate some of the land. The easier to access places will also be riddled with hunters. I would recommend looking in the National Wild Turkey Federation website for some of the guides as well. If I had a place that was a sure bet for turkey during turkey season I would jump on the offer to swap hunts. I would like to get a grand slam someday. The turkey are come and go on my place for now. I am working on habitat but good roost trees aren't a short term fix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom