Please don't be this person...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it state law the firearm in a vehicle shall be inside a separate locked compartment?

No. We have open carry and (somewhat) constitutional carry. In OK there is no law requiring any kind of firearm to be locked up, padlocked or otherwise secured.

Although to me it seems some of our participating members might believe that should be the case.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I continue to be curious. I have multiple layers of security for my possessions, including in my home, my yard, my vehicles. I'm just wondering if it is enough, seriously. What is enough?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has gotten so far removed from the original statement that some have gotten a bit over revved. The original situation involved a homeowner that has stated that he did, in fact, leave the car unlocked, with the two firearms, checkbook, house keys, and other property.

This has nothing to do with weedeaters, chains, or ladies in skimpy attire. If it makes you feel better, you may leave anything you desire on the trunk lid and no one will think any less of you.

But the original situation involved carelessness, and the victim/owner says so.

The intent of the OP was to remind all of us how a moment of carelessness could lead to unintended results.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where’d that funny thread go about all the places we absentmindedly left a loaded firearm?
Lots of hilarious posts in that thread.
Where’d that thread go?
“I found it later in a drawer in the nursery”
“I found it in the crisper beside the lettuce”
“I found it in the freezer with a bag of pork chops”

Where’d that thread go?
It was hilarious.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has gotten so far removed from the original statement that some have gotten a bit over revved. The original situation involved a homeowner that has stated that he did, in fact, leave the car unlocked, with the two firearms, checkbook, house keys, and other property.

This has nothing to do with weedeaters, chains, or ladies in skimpy attire. If it makes you feel better, you may leave anything you desire on the trunk lid and no one will think any less of you.

But the original situation involved carelessness, and the victim/owner says so.

So, if you left the car unlocked, that makes it your fault? You were what, "asking for it"? I left my car unlocked on accident once, someone stole a DVD player and my son's Disney movies. Guess that was my fault, huh?

I've accidentally left my truck unlocked a few times, found out the next morning, but luckily nothing was taken. So that's my question, if you don't lock your vehicle, then do you have to shoulder some of the blame?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Blame someone, but refuse to answer basic questions about the level of blame or what is considered appropriate levels of security before one is no longer considered to be to blame.

Sorry, if someone steals my s**t from my car, they are the ones to blame for being a thief, not me.
Sorry, if someone steals my s**t from my garage, they are the ones to blame for being a thief, not me.
Sorry, if someone steals my s**t from my home, they are the ones to blame for being a thief, not me.
Sorry, if someone steals my s**t from my safe, they are the ones to blame for being a thief, not me.
Sorry, if someone steals my s**t from my pocket, they are the ones to blame for being a thief, not me.
Sorry, if someone steals my s**t from my bank account, they are the ones to blame for being a thief, not me.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a woman wears a very revealing blouse with her hooties hanging out and yells at you for sexualizing her body by staring, was she just asking for it by the way she was dressed?

I doubt it's an unpopular opinion here, but I'd catch hell anywhere else for saying "If she didn't want me to look, she wouldn't dress that way."

Latest posts

Top Bottom