Please don't be this person...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is EXACTLY the same thing. You are trying to blame the victim.

No, I am just pointing out the stupidity of the argument, and yes if a woman dresses like a slut and knowingly goes somewhere that she can be raped I do feel she was stupid too. You might not be to blame but you sure did not show any smarts.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I am just pointing out the stupidity of the argument, and yes if a woman dresses like a slut and knowingly goes somewhere that she can be raped I do feel she was stupid too. You might not be to blame but you sure did not show any smarts.

Ok I see you're point.

Maybe we could assign 80% of the blame to the rapist, and 20% to the woman.

Probably use those same percentages on guns stolen, yet that ratio could be mitigated by thicker chain, better padlock, that sort of thing.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I see you're point.

Maybe we could assign 80% of the blame to the rapist, and 20% to the woman.

Probably use those same percentages on guns stolen, yet that ratio could be mitigated by thicker chain, better padlock, that sort of thing.

I would not blame the woman at all, just point out that she was a dumba$$. A criminal is going to do their crime but there is no point making it easier on them.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not blame the woman at all, just point out that she was a dumba$$. A criminal is going to do their crime but there is no point making it easier on them.

"I'm not blaming the woman/gun owner/etc, BUT.... if they had done things differently, the criminal wouldn't have had the opportunity."

The bottom line is, if I have a possession, I have the right to expect my possession will be left alone. There is NO WAY WHATSOEVER that I am at fault if someone breaks into my car and steals an object from my car.

NONE. NO BLAME. ZERO.

A woman has the right to expect she won't be sexually assaulted no matter what condition she is in or how she is dressed. Period. NO MATTER WHAT. If some scumbag rapes her, and you want to talk about, "Well, if she hadn't been dressed that way/hadn't been drinking/hadn't gone into that area of town late at night," then YOU ARE BLAMING HER. Maybe a tiny amount, but YOU ARE. She has the right to expect her lady parts will remain UNVIOLATED - NO MATTER WHAT.

Why is a gun any different than any other tool? As gun owners, we make the argument ALL THE TIME that guns are just a tool, guns are no responsible for injuries, killing or mass murder. So if someone steals my hammer and murders someone with it, are you going to chide me for not locking up my hammer?

If I have to lock up my gun... tell me... HOW MANY LAYERS of security do I have to have before you NO LONGER BLAME ME for someone breaking in and stealing my ****???? ANSWER THE F****ING QUESTION. HOW MANY LAYERS OF SECURITY DO YOU THINK ARE "ENOUGH"?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I'm not blaming the woman/gun owner/etc, BUT.... if they had done things differently, the criminal wouldn't have had the opportunity."

The bottom line is, if I have a possession, I have the right to expect my possession will be left alone. There is NO WAY WHATSOEVER that I am at fault if someone breaks into my car and steals an object from my car.

NONE. NO BLAME. ZERO.

A woman has the right to expect she won't be sexually assaulted no matter what condition she is in or how she is dressed. Period. NO MATTER WHAT. If some scumbag rapes her, and you want to talk about, "Well, if she hadn't been dressed that way/hadn't been drinking/hadn't gone into that area of town late at night," then YOU ARE BLAMING HER. Maybe a tiny amount, but YOU ARE. She has the right to expect her lady parts will remain UNVIOLATED - NO MATTER WHAT.

Why is a gun any different than any other tool? As gun owners, we make the argument ALL THE TIME that guns are just a tool, guns are no responsible for injuries, killing or mass murder. So if someone steals my hammer and murders someone with it, are you going to chide me for not locking up my hammer?

If I have to lock up my gun... tell me... HOW MANY LAYERS of security do I have to have before you NO LONGER BLAME ME for someone breaking in and stealing my ****???? ANSWER THE F****ING QUESTION. HOW MANY LAYERS OF SECURITY DO YOU THINK ARE "ENOUGH"?

You can have all the rights you want, does not mean a damn thing in today's world.

As I said, I do not blame her but she did not use her brain. Rights do you not a bit of good if you are being held down and raped by one or more scumbags. Should you have the right to not worry about being raped or robbed, hell yes. In a perfect world neither would ever happen. This ain't that world.

In the real world you take sensible precautions and sometimes even that is not enough, but you tried.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can have all the rights you want, does not mean a damn thing in today's world.

As I said, I do not blame her but she did not use her brain. Rights do you not a bit of good if you are being held down and raped by one or more scumbags. Should you have the right to not worry about being raped or robbed, hell yes. In a perfect world neither would ever happen. This ain't that world.

In the real world you take sensible precautions and sometimes even that is not enough, but you tried.

So then if I get my weedeater stolen, you gonna be the first one to come on here and tell me I should have locked it up???

ONCE AGAIN... HOW MANY LAYERS OF PROTECTION DO I NEED BEFORE I SUFFICIENTLY RESTRICT ACCESS TO MY TOOLS - by your estimation, of course.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how thick does the chain need to be? What kind of padlock?

Should a gun owner be held partially responsible for violence inflicted with his gun, should it be stolen from a car? A home? Why or why not?

Dude, there is a much bigger picture going on here. Keep making it easier for criminals to steal unsecured firearms and the democrats will jump all over this the next time they get in power. And then it WILL be a crime if you leave a firearm in your car and it gets stolen. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So then if I get my weedeater stolen, you gonna be the first one to come on here and tell me I should have locked it up???

ONCE AGAIN... HOW MANY LAYERS OF PROTECTION DO I NEED BEFORE I SUFFICIENTLY RESTRICT ACCESS TO MY TOOLS - by your estimation, of course.
Isn't it state law the firearm in a vehicle shall be inside a separate locked compartment?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, there is a much bigger picture going on here. Keep making it easier for criminals to steal unsecured firearms and the democrats will jump all over this the next time they get in power. And then it WILL be a crime if you leave a firearm in your car and it gets stolen. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Quit being so vague. How thick the chain? What kind of padlock? Any other specific precautions I should take?

Latest posts

Top Bottom