Please pray for my kids!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday was the toughest day, I was in the bedroom and my wife and kids were in the dinning room when our back neighbor comes running with our miniature dachshund in his hands yelling hysterically. My poor duke got his back broken by a great dane and got tore up, we took him to the animal hospital where we had to make a very tough dicision to put him to sleep.

The worst part was when the Dr told us she would be the one to break the news to our kids of what we had to do since they couldn't do anything for him. After the Dr's spill to our kids they started bawling, and the wife and I were very heart broken. well she left us with Duke so we could say our goodbyes before putting him to sleep, what was amazing was that when we started talking to him even though he was very heavy sedated he lifted up his head like " hey guys was going on" and dang that was very tough...

My boys and I got to bury him in the backyard today and we just talked about how he made us very happy.

last night was tough when my kids had to go to bed and their little duke wasn't there at there feet in there bed, they cried themselves to sleep.

Regards

Trickormate

P.S If I don't make sense I'm still all jacked up. :smack:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry man. That's one of the hardest things to do, even harder since it seems like Duke wasn't even that old. You guys are definitely in my thoughts.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandmother bought a miniature dashound for my mother when she was college age which was when she had me. My grandmother ended up keeping the dashound because my mom was to young and busy, anyway he was one of the most intelligent dogs i ever new. Everyone used to tell me how when i was brought home as baby from the hospital he knew i was his family's baby and tried to look after me like I was his own. Even though they are so small they cant really protect us but he had the heart of a big dog. Just seeing how he tried to protect us from stuff (the biggest threat was the mailman lol) he earned the name Little man. I grew up with him all my life until he got put down when I was like 15 due to old age. Until he passed away he was like the family's little protector.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dachsunds make a great dog, and excellent mole/gopher hunters. Sorry to hear of your loss. It has to be the hardest just to watch your kids deal with loosing a loved pet.

Prayers sent.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a dick in moments like this and so I would be asking how it happend. Did your dog get out, or did the dog get into your yard? Basically, whose at fault?

My dogs are my children and I would not take this lightly and I would seek reparations if not at fault.

But I am sorry for your loss, it isn't easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom