Poison Ivy season is here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you have been exposed to what you even suspect is poison ivy simply wash thoroughly with Dawn dishwashing soap or if you’d prefer something more technical buy some Tecnu poison ivy scrub from Wally World and be sure to wash your clothes and your poison ivy break outs are over.
Think of PI like you’ve been touching grease.
You know how hard it is to wash off with soap and your going to use dawn or tecnu to wash it away.
Remember, everything you have on has to be scrubbed.
I live with PI and haven’t had a dose of it in years using dawn dish soap.
Few soaps have the active ingredients to cut the oil.
TP

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid in Boy Scouts, I'd get it every camp out. It would be all over my body, probably from the smoke of the campfires with vines left on them.
Got into my eyes, and EVERYWHERE. Required going to the hospital. Couldn't sleep in clothes.
Sometime in my teens they said an injection of hemoglobin would stop the allergy.
Very thick stuff that had to be injected into the hip and was very painful for a couple of days at that spot.
After a series of 4, if I get it now, there is just a small strip of it on the arm or leg and it goes away on it's own after a few days.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't guess I've ever had a dose of it. As far as I know I don't have any allergies. Played in the dirt, grass, trees, drank stream water growing up.

Same here, never had it.

Had a brother that would swell his eyes shut get him down bad, he had to get doctor shots. Years later we found out he had a different daddy.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to take photos of a house today for an appraisal I'm working on- the yard was overgrown and even though it was in the city, there was some growing in the back. I had shorts on and hope I missed getting in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom