Colonoscopy Part II......All Went Well!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Primary Doctor is Steven Sackett with Deaconess......over by Lake Hefner. He set me up with Deaconess on NW 50th(ish) and Portland and the Doctor who did the procedure was I think....if I remember.......Dr. Winter/Winters.

Trust me.........the only painfull thing about the procedure was when the nurse had to set up an IV in my hand. The left hand she tried and(did some digging!!!) it didn't work and the right hand she finally found a vein.....just an ant sting.....:thumb:

In the room where it took place.......when she put the anesthesia into the IV.........I was OUT!!!:zzz2: :zzz: But it wasn't bad, 15 minutes later it was over and I woke up just fine with NO side affects or sickness....just a little tired from lack of food and water....

I whole heartedly recommend them!!! :thumb:

I'm taking it easy on eating since my colon has been cleaned out..........and what little food I have eaten today after the procedure is a little runny.....:homer:. I'm fine right now..back to my normal...if you'd call it that.....self.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
46 here, sorry, but, none of that helps me want to want to do it, just the opposite. I would rather get knocked out by Tyson...

The wife and almost every adult around me over 40 have done it, my 75 yr old mom does every other year it seems. Still doesnt make me want to do it even though I know I have to at some point.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some seem to be complaining about the drink. I thought the drink was not bad; mine was lemon flavored. The drink worked well - I was "cleaned-out" within a few hours.

primeoflife321

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because of a colon disease, I have this procedure done annually. As in every year. I'm 55 and my first one was done at age 20. You do the math. If anyone is on the fence about doing this just ONCE, I say suck it up and put your big boy pants on. It has saved my life and could save yours too.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I've said in the other tread. I had it done at 28. I'll have it done again next year. Every 3 years if need be. It's literally a life saver. It's easy to do, and not a big deal.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told to have this done at 50 if you have no family history. If you have a family history, start 10 yrs prior to the age the family member had a polyp.

In OKC, Dr. Chris Davis with Integris has performed three on me, one on my wife, and one on my father. My dad had to have a portion of his colon removed because he waited until he was around 70 to have it done. He had to have a colostomy for about 6 months which did not make him happy. Had it later reversed and now is fine at 77 yrs old. My brother and sister in Dallas have all had polyps removed.

THIS IS THE EASIEST FORM OF CANCER TO DEFEAT BY HAVING THIS DONE. JUST DO IT!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
46 here, sorry, but, none of that helps me want to want to do it, just the opposite. I would rather get knocked out by Tyson...

The wife and almost every adult around me over 40 have done it, my 75 yr old mom does every other year it seems. Still doesnt make me want to do it even though I know I have to at some point.

Go do it ... GC pissed and moaned and whined and complained and pissed and moaned some more. The doc and I finally just scheduled it and I picked up his stuff (MoviPrep, I think), sat and WATCHED him call the guy at work to switch days off and drug him pissing and moaning and whining, ad nauseam ... to the doctor the next day ...

Know what the first symptom of colon cancer is? It's COLON CANCER! Generally speaking, you aren't gonna be able to tell and if you don't go get tested you won't know until it's too late.

Scott had 3 polyps removed, 2 of them "suspicious" ... yeah ... he has thanked me and the doctor profusely for making him go because if we hadn't he wouldn't have ...

He will be the first to tell you that his imagination was so much more worse than the actual deed ... especially given the fact that within 5 to 7 years I would have been dealing with so much worse than listening to him ***** about being nagged to death to go do something he "didn't need to have done" ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom