Police officer shot 5 times tells judge what he thinks about sentence ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attempted murder and defacing a firearm for 14 years! That is discusting! [sic]
No, fourteen years for attempted murder. That's brought in state court. Defacing a firearm is a federal crime, brought by a different prosecutor (a US Attorney), heard by a different judge, in a different trial, with a separate sentence. The article says he was charged for it, but doesn't mention the disposition (if any yet).

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an OUTRAGE. When is enough enough. Was watching tv the other day, 2 Kids 17, & 15 went over to a person's house to collect $20 (drug Deal) couple in 40's they beat the man to death and got 3 & 8 years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was Detroit for Gods sake!
They do things different up there. Shooting cops isn't a biggie, or any other person for that matter.
Just like another day in traffic court, run em through, give em some time and a fine, then put em back on the street.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are folks who get less than that for actually successfully committing murder, so it really comes as no surprise that this trash got what he did. Doesn't help that it happened in Detroit, I'm sure. I agree though, the sentence should depend on the crime, not who the victim was, OR the motive.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me the fact that the victim was a Police officer should have nothing to do with the sentence. I do not agree with the idea that some people are more equal than others and deserving of special treatment. Shouldn't matter if the victim was a LEO a gang member, pregnant woman or the King of Siam.
However I do believe that this person should have gotten life for what he did.

Michael

This type of law is NOT for the police officer; it is for YOU.

The rationale is that a person who is willing to shoot a police officer is much more of a danger to an unarmed citizen.

That said, it is good that we have forums so people like yourself can point out such travesties in the system.:rolleyes2

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom