Police officer shot 5 times tells judge what he thinks about sentence ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This type of law is NOT for the police officer; it is for YOU.

The rationale is that a person who is willing to shoot a police officer is much more of a danger to an unarmed citizen.

That said, it is good that we have forums so people like yourself can point out such travesties in the system.:rolleyes2

Michael Brown

Michael,

I'm just curious - is there any quantitative study or any research that demonstrates that rationale? I'm not trolling; this is a serious question. I am sure I could dig deeper myself, but wondering if you had anything at your fingertips.

I'm certainly no shill for law enforcement, but I do have a respect for officers and what they do. I will admit that type of person that would commit such an act appears qualitatively more dangerous that the average attempted murderer. I am just wondering if there are any studies that quantitatively validate this line of thought.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cards81fan said:
Michael,

I'm just curious - is there any quantitative study or any research that demonstrates that rationale? I'm not trolling; this is a serious question. I am sure I could dig deeper myself, but wondering if you had anything at your fingertips.

I'm certainly no shill for law enforcement, but I do have a respect for officers and what they do. I will admit that type of person that would commit such an act appears qualitatively more dangerous that the average attempted murderer. I am just wondering if there are any studies that quantitatively validate this line of thought.

I'm going to say it also serves to keep decent people to be willing to even do the job. That little but of extra penalty probably deters quite a few less hardened criminals from taking a shot at the man.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So did he shoot him with a thompson machine gun? Did you all notice how it said .45 automatic? Now everyone uneducated person will think all .45 handguns are automatic.. This is a sad case indeed for the cop. I'm glad he stood up and said something for himself.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did he shoot him with a thompson machine gun? Did you all notice how it said .45 automatic? Now everyone uneducated person will think all .45 handguns are automatic.. This is a sad case indeed for the cop. I'm glad he stood up and said something for himself.

Maybe a Glock 21 or 1911 with a worked-over sear ?

B

Bill Mac

I can understand that Mothers think their children are wonderful people but when does the light go on that they should have gotten an abortion with this one or that one?! He pleaded guilty because it was his word against the officer when he was shooting him in the face with a defaced .45? Sounds like he pleaded guilty because he had a dose of reality that his boys from the hood weren't going to be able to get him out of this one after all. It's too bad that stress under fire from the officer wasn't more effective in ridding society of this trash and saving court costs!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This type of law is NOT for the police officer; it is for YOU.

The rationale is that a person who is willing to shoot a police officer is much more of a danger to an unarmed citizen.

That said, it is good that we have forums so people like yourself can point out such travesties in the system.:rolleyes2

Michael Brown

Disagree. A person who is willing to murder will kill just about anyone if it came down to it. Every murderer is equally dangerous and I refuse to believe anything else. I understand that you could have been pointing out the rationale so dont take this as a "bashing" or something, just stating my POV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom