Police officer shot 5 times tells judge what he thinks about sentence ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've seen a person get around the same time here locally for the murder of a friend's sister. This wouldn't have made the news if it was a civilian by any stretch of the imagination because it's common and not just in Detriot. Doesn't justify it by any means, I just wish it was a story EVERY time it happened.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disagree. A person who is willing to murder will kill just about anyone if it came down to it. Every murderer is equally dangerous and I refuse to believe anything else. I understand that you could have been pointing out the rationale so dont take this as a "bashing" or something, just stating my POV.

Not to be contrary, but every murderer is not equally dangerous. Some only want to kill specific people and will still have some vestigal moral compass that keeps them from killing someone they don't know. Terrorists, serial killers and active shooters are the most dangerous, followed by cop killers. These people have no moral compass and will kill anyone who satnds in the way of what they want.

None of which matters if you happen to be the person getting killed I should mention... :(

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And they wonder why people are leaving Detroit in droves. The judge in this case should be impeached and thrown in jail himself. He's as big a POS as the POS who pulled the trigger. I'm sure this spineless judge believes with all his liberal, bleeding heart that this scumbag can be reformed. What an idiot.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a freakin' travesty of "justice!"

Our system is flawed, to say the least... Still, I believe it is the best one in the world, but it does appear to be down right broken sometimes.

Terrible, man....just terrible. :disappoin

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disagree. A person who is willing to murder will kill just about anyone if it came down to it. Every murderer is equally dangerous and I refuse to believe anything else. I understand that you could have been pointing out the rationale so dont take this as a "bashing" or something, just stating my POV.

Whether you agree with who is or isn't dangerous isn't the issue.

The issue is that those who designed the sentencing guidelines believed it was so.

They DID NOT do it because cops are a protected class as the previous poster suggested.

Michael Brown

cayton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did he shoot him with a thompson machine gun? Did you all notice how it said .45 automatic? Now everyone uneducated person will think all .45 handguns are automatic.. This is a sad case indeed for the cop. I'm glad he stood up and said something for himself.

The 'A' in .45 ACP stands for Automatic. It's not the best usage for a (probably) semi-automatic, but it is a historically accurate phrase. As of 1940 the 1911 was known as the Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911 for the original Model of 1911 or Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 for the M1911A1, adopted in 1924. The designation changed to Pistol, Caliber .45, Automatic, M1911A1 in the Vietnam era.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me the fact that the victim was a Police officer should have nothing to do with the sentence. I do not agree with the idea that some people are more equal than others and deserving of special treatment. Shouldn't matter if the victim was a LEO a gang member, pregnant woman or the King of Siam.
However I do believe that this person should have gotten life for what he did.

Michael

Very good point. What if he was in uniform, though? Just throwing that idea out there.
Seems like if you're shooting a uniformed LEO (thus, you KNOW he's a cop, not just a guy filling up at a gas station), you're doing more harm than just taking a life; you're negatively affecting the community/society.

I believe in redemption and rehabilitation, but shooting someone for some petty cash deserves life sentence!
Yep. This.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it the mommys of the convicted slugs or the dead slugs always say they are good boys?

More judges need to be told off and un elected.

least we got rid of that trash tammy Bass

Latest posts

Top Bottom