Police warn about Pedobear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the tulsaworld.com website

The Tulsa Police Child Exploitation Unit released a warning Wednesday that apparently originated from a California law enforcement agency in response to what some say is a world-wide internet joke.

Police are warning people to beware of "Pedobear," an animated photo of a bear that internet users associate with pedophilia on discussion boards -- without actually being involved with pedophilia.

According to the release, the image is used as a way for pedophiles to communicate with each other.

In addition to millions of internet users who use the photo regularly as a sometimes vulgar joke, police are warning the public that the photo is a sign that a pedophile is somewhere nearby.

Since Monday numerous internet blogs have reported the warning as a hoax.

Regardless, Tulsa Police recommend the public be aware of the image, which according to the release, "his cute face and non-threatening appearance negate the truth of his sinister, much darker side."

By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...tid=450&articleid=20100915_450_0_TheTul939706

Reaction score
Oh lawdie lawdie, like pedophiles would really use such an easily recognizable thing - not only that, but put in on their *car window* - bwaahahahhaaha. Where's my Crips gang bumper sticker at?

But hey, lookit, since mooning someone can now make you a "sex offender" in some places (awarding you with lifelong scarlet letter/pariah status), I guess you need to make this logo (which I've never seen or heard of) my icon thingy to the left there, since I used to moon people a lot when I was a kid, and unfortunately, I cannot rule out doing it again before I die, if someone agitates me and the mood strikes!

After looking at it, that flyer has GOT to be a joke.

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha, this reminds me of the outbreak of so-called satanic groups in the 90's that were killing hundreds of thousands a year. Their proof that they were in existence was that there was no proof and that they were good at hiding.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
awww.metalinsider.net_site_wp_content_uploads_2010_01_rob_zombie_carny_freak.jpg

=

aimages1.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20071017205427_uncyclopedia_images_d_d5_Pedobear.png

;) If you catch my drift.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From the tulsaworld.com website

The Tulsa Police Child Exploitation Unit released a warning Wednesday that apparently originated from a California law enforcement agency in response to what some say is a world-wide internet joke.

Police are warning people to beware of "Pedobear," an animated photo of a bear that internet users associate with pedophilia on discussion boards -- without actually being involved with pedophilia.

According to the release, the image is used as a way for pedophiles to communicate with each other.

In addition to millions of internet users who use the photo regularly as a sometimes vulgar joke, police are warning the public that the photo is a sign that a pedophile is somewhere nearby.

Since Monday numerous internet blogs have reported the warning as a hoax.

Regardless, Tulsa Police recommend the public be aware of the image, which according to the release, "his cute face and non-threatening appearance negate the truth of his sinister, much darker side."

By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...tid=450&articleid=20100915_450_0_TheTul939706

[Broken External Image]

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This could not be more ridiculous. Lazy upper middle class teenagers and young engineers/IT guys are dying of laughter in message boards across the internet. Way to be a punchline for nerds, TPD.

[Broken External Image]

What's next, a BOLO for this guy?

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom