Policing for Profit: Oklahoma DA halts I-40 drug stops after criticism from judge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was stopped because he had no tag on his car.
That is not minor.

I could have sworn it was a tag light or something. My point is every time there is a story about cops doing traffic stops people say they should be fighting real crime. Traffic stops are a great tool to fight "real crime".
Just to be clear I do not agree at all with the story in the OP.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is the weekly "legalize drugs" thread semi-cleverly disguised. Don't worry, you will get very used to it very quickly.

I'll bite. Ok. So what? Maybe we should. I don't use and have never used illegal drugs. However, the 'program' we have now currently is NOT working. Let's try something new. If it doesn't work, we can always go back to the way before which didn't work.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir dude. I've been banned multiple times for talking about police misconduct. I'm glad this site is heading towards free speech

I don't mean to doubt your recollection of events but in the one short year that I've been active on this board I have never seen anyone banned for merely discussing a subject. Rather, the banning seems to begin once the same cast of characters starts in on how "1 in 100 cops aren't crooked" or some such nonsense.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't mean to doubt your recollection of events but in the one short year that I've been active on this board I have never seen anyone banned for merely discussing a subject. Rather, the banning seems to begin once the same cast of characters starts in on how "1 in 100 cops aren't crooked" or some such nonsense.

No, but knowing a ton of them I will stand and say about 20% are questionable. I would love to see some type of undercover review being done in every dept, across the state. I think we would be surprised what we would find.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is the weekly "legalize drugs" thread semi-cleverly disguised. Don't worry, you will get very used to it very quickly.

Not meant as a "legalize drugs" thread. I don't disguise threads. Clearly meant as a discussion about one of the biggest problems in America today - asset forfeiture laws that breed corruption and require no crime to be committed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not meant as a "legalize drugs" thread. I don't disguise threads. Clearly meant as a discussion about one of the biggest problems in America today - asset forfeiture laws that breed corruption and require no crime to be committed.

Exactly. The Forfeiture laws are out of control, and used to fund local PD's, and county Sheriffs office.

The state gets a pretty good benefit as well.

How would anybody in this thread, "totally innocent of anything" like to loose their vehicle, money in their pocket, vehicle gone through, etc??? This is what this thread is about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom