Poll: Air vs Nitrogen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air or Nitrogen?

• Total voters

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only place you'll notice any difference whatsoever is in your wallet. Just a another item in the long list of marketing scams aimed at duping the gullible.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nitrogen will benefit you if you have chrome wheels because there will be no moisture in it. Moisture in air will cause chrome wheels to peel, flake and corrode causing leaking wheels.

Chrome plating is that sensitive to water? God forbid they ever plate trim or bumpers with the stuff.

tobyboy

Dullshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked in tire shops and we had chrome wheels coming in all time with corrosion between the tire bead and the wheel. It doesnt have to be "made in china" either we had high end chrome wheels do the same. Its the moisture in the air being trapped inside the tire which will start the corroding process it does not always happen right away, but it will happen in the chromes lifetime. Like i said it would benefit chrome wheels because nitrogen won't carry moisture. If you use a normal compressor, the humidity in the air condenses in the form of water vapor inside your tires. The moisture trapped inside tire will react with the oxygen and oxidize causing premature deterioration of the Chrome wheels. it just my experience with it

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about where the tire bead is contacting the bead of the wheel? Wouldn't that be where they slather on the lubricant to help seat the bead when mounting a tire. If the moisture in the air IN the tire is causing corrosion at that point, the bead would be leaking air and I don't see that happening a lot. If it is leaking around the bead it needs repair and wouldn't be a long term issue causing corrosion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom