Pool construction recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought this had been mentioned before but the search I tried didn't produce anything. Anyway, I am in need of a recommendation in the Tulsa area for a pool. I need someone who is good at gunnite construction, specifically free form pools and with zero entry. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to work in the pool business. and i know that pool creations in tulsa does an outstanding job and also jp pool construction. both do quality work. if you talk to jeff at pool creations tell him cameron sent you

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to work in the pool business. and i know that pool creations in tulsa does an outstanding job and also jp pool construction. both do quality work. if you talk to jeff at pool creations tell him cameron sent you

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check them out. If you know anyone to stay away from that info would be appreciated too. PM's may be more appropriate for that. Let me know. Thanks.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set your expectations wisely. If it gets rainy, your pool will be ready way later than both builder and buyer have planned.

Write everything down; grass, landscaping, drainage, fencing, deck top coat, pump discharge, depth, training.

IMO, do not pay in full up front, you want to keep some leverage.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't do pools, but did a whole lot of research before buying mine.

Unlike yours, mine is a vinyl liner sport pool with a 5 1/2' deep end, 16X30.
My worst nightmare would have been one of the pool owners that had to stand around the edge of the pool with a vacuum pole in hand every day for an hour or so.

With that in mind, I double sized everything. Had extra skimmers installed, ordered a Diatomaceous Earth filter for a pool twice the size of mine, a chlorine dispenser, pumps for twice the size pool, etc.
The pool people told me I was wasting money, but in retrospect, it was a good decision. My cousin put in a pool at the same time, and he has to run his sand filter 24/7 to maintain his clear water, and I only have to run mine 3 hours out of 24 with the Diatomaceous Earth. It filters the water to 5 micron.
Do what you need, but keep this in mind.

Most importantly, get a Polaris pool cleaner. That has to be one of the greatest inventions in pool history.

Last edited:

Keith6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
JP pools is who we used, when he starts he finishes and does not run off to other jobs is on the job with his crew and builds outstanding pools. He is also a great guy with follow up service. He did the pool at SouthernHills CC as well and it is beautiful

Latest posts

Top Bottom