Portable Generators?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Plan to. That was one reason I went with the Honda. I know it will start again.

Be sure to use stabilizer in the fuel. When you're ready to shut it down, turn off the fuel valve and let the generator run until it dies. Do this and it will startup without any trouble anytime you need it.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a Honda EU2000i and really believe I made the right choice. A bit pricy but starts easily, VERY quiet, ran my furnace blower, refrig/freez, tv and lights easily. Ran 9.5 hours overnight on a gallon of gas. Sweet unit.

Coz

I love Honda. My wife and I both drive a Honda vehicle. Last year when I decided to get a generator I looked at the Honda EG4000. DAMN! The cheapest I could find was about $1400 (without the wheel kit, an extra $200). I ended up getting a DuroStar 4400 (with the wheel kit). It was $269. No tax, free delivery. I like Honda but not sure it's worth 5X as much for something I may never really need.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Honda makes great generators, for sure. When I purchased my generator I just googled "Best generators" and ordered from Amazon. I've never used it but it has a motha focking push button starter! PUSH BUTTON STARTER!!!

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Caddo Electric installed whole house generator. For six years now. Fully automatic. Hooked to a 500 gallon propane tank. Caddo guys change the oil every year for me. It exercises itself every Wednesday. Best money I ever spent. Because it makes my wife very happy. This combined with a Geothermal system makes me very happy. Highly unusual to have it run this long twice in one year though.

Eddie005

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a new Carrier gas furnace put in this year and it wont run off my generator. There is only one plug to hook up, the fan will come on for a few seconds but the fire does not light up and go so the fan shuts off. Anyone know why it wont run off the generator like my old furnace did?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a new Carrier gas furnace put in this year and it wont run off my generator. There is only one plug to hook up, the fan will come on for a few seconds but the fire does not light up and go so the fan shuts off. Anyone know why it wont run off the generator like my old furnace did?

I have no clue but if you figure it out let us know. I have a pretty new gas furnace made by Carrier. The installer said it would not be a problem, just plug it into the cord instead of the wall. My t-stat has a battery backup, you might look along these lines because it has it's own controller that is powered. Maybe it's something like this?

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Some of the new furnaces need very clean power. They have also been known to blow circuit boards with some of the cheap contractor grade generators. I personally like the inverter type of generator that produces true sign wave power. They are also a lot quieter, use less gas and are a lot more expensive. You can run into the same thing with inverters. I have gone with true sign wave inverters and UPS's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom