Post-apocalypse pet plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sickos...I am not eating my dog :nono2: After all she is part of my 10 things for SHTF. She hears better than I do, has a better temperament, protects my kids from strangers and spankings, barks at every new visitor or passer by on the street, and she is the best listener to all the my un-fixable problems. She has her own BOB and keeps squirrel heaven packed with fresh souls. That's meat on the table folks. So yes I am prepping for her too!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sickos...I am not eating my dog :nono2: After all she is part of my 10 things for SHTF. She hears better than I do, has a better temperament, protects my kids from strangers and spankings, barks at every new visitor or passer by on the street, and she is the best listener to all the my un-fixable problems. She has her own BOB and keeps squirrel heaven packed with fresh souls. That's meat on the table folks. So yes I am prepping for her too!

ROFLMAO!! That's the mark of a GREAT dog!!

Molan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, the cat will be on his own, unless he becomes food... although he isn't that big and we've only had him six or seven months... besides, our hidey-hole out in the country has three country dogs who are not cat-friendly...

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would eat someone elses dog before I ate my dog. There are plenty of stray dogs and cats around the neighborhood to eat if it came down to it. Hell I would probably eat some long pork before I ate my dog. Actually I would starve to death before I ate my dog. But everyones dog would be and possibly already is on the menu. Any dog that knocks over my trash can is looked at like a potential meal from that day on. SO if you do not want me to eat your dog in an SHTF situation then your fence had better be secure enough to keep that furry skin covered bag of calories contained. Dog is a good meat afterall, tender, like beef but it has a slightly gamey taste like deer or wild pork. In a stir fry, or grilled it would be a very tasty "mystery meat" for sure. But who am I kidding.............one look into a dogs eyes will melt the heart of most any human out there. Might just have to stick with the good ol SHTF standby........long pork.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the book, "One Second After " for a dose of reality on the coming days.
My 02 cents

Hey, I have that on my Nook! I need to read it. Thanks for the reminder. I ain't eating any of my kitty cats though. But I'd eat my neighbor's dog just to make it quit barking.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I have that on my Nook! I need to read it. Thanks for the reminder. I ain't eating any of my kitty cats though. But I'd eat my neighbor's dog just to make it quit barking.

LOL ... you know, that thought has crossed my mind also ... Our neighbors' dogs bark 24/7/365 ... And they all have the nerve to complain about the other neighbors' dogs who also bark 24/7/365 ... Who also complain about other neighbors' dogs barking ... WTF is wrong with people?!?!!?!? :scratch:

I used to go out and correct my dogs when they barked. Now I just sit back in my chair, take another swig of tea and smile to myself ... :wink2:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely my kids 2 female Beagles will be eaten first if it resorts to that. My Boston though I couldnt eat him he's my little buddy. I do have 3 snakes, 2 lizards, 3 tarantulas, and a bigazz Emperor scorpion that should be some tasty eatin though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom