Ball Python as a pet ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys keep them?? Coach me. There is a little guy at PetsMart and I am tempted but I also know they are not the kind of pet you can just learn as you go on. I feel like I kinda need to know a LOT more than it's a snake, it's cute and my aquarium is big enough for it. 🤷

TIA

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys keep them?? Coach me. There is a little guy at PetsMart and I am tempted but I also know they are not the kind of pet you can just learn as you go on. I feel like I kinda need to know a LOT more than it's a snake, it's cute and my aquarium is big enough for it. 🤷

TIA
They stink! Go check out Alligator alley

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are definitely fascinating critters. I have never owned one. They seem to be more intelligent than people give them credit for. Captive born appear to be more docile or easier to handle. There are tons of you tube vids out there. I would avoid buying from a pet store. Most of the animals they have are sickly and not properly cared for.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They stink! Go check out Alligator alley

I think that is because of a couple of things -- they have a BUNCH of critters ... And they don't clean like they should. (That is NOT to say they do not keep the animals and their enclosures clean enough, just that they could keep them cleaner. I know of which I speak -- veterinary clinic has to be cleaned constantly to keep it from smelling like critters. Just is what it is. There is clean enough and then there is the clean that keeps your home or business from smelling like your little lovies ...)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are definitely fascinating critters. I have never owned one. They seem to be more intelligent than people give them credit for. Captive born appear to be more docile or easier to handle. There are tons of you tube vids out there. I would avoid buying from a pet store. Most of the animals they have are sickly and not properly cared for.

This guy was active and looked healthy. That is kinda what got my attention. Instead of hiding back under the shelter they were providing him, he was out and about checking out his enclosure.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What in the hell happened to just get a dog or cat? Snakes? Seriously?

Oh com'on man ... Do you even know me?? 😉🤷🤣🤣🤣 I'm trying to decide if I have enough room over in the corner to build an enclosure for some finches. They tend to do better if they have more horizonal flight area than vertical and I'm just not sure that spot is quite wide enough. Might have to put them on the other side of the fireplace. But then I'd have to move my monstera away from her window and she's really finicky. I'm afraid she would throw and fit and drop a bunch of leaves.

I might just wind up with some fish instead of a snake but that fella just caught my eye -- plus the boys were absolutely smitten and their mom has her hands full right now so ... 🤷

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

TIA
The males are smaller by half than the females at 3 ft to 6 ft respectively. Snattlerake like sneks. but not as pet. Let it go back to wild but NOT in Oklahoma.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The males are smaller by half than the females at 3 ft to 6 ft respectively. Snattlerake like sneks. but not as pet. Let it go back to wild but NOT in Oklahoma.

That's why I'm looking for advice before I jump -- I want him (or her) to be as happy as can be here. I don't get pets that I cannot provide a GOOD home for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom