Ball Python as a pet ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys keep them?? Coach me. There is a little guy at PetsMart and I am tempted but I also know they are not the kind of pet you can just learn as you go on. I feel like I kinda need to know a LOT more than it's a snake, it's cute and my aquarium is big enough for it. 🤷

TIA

But he's CUTE!! 😛🤣🤣🤣
For me "cute snake" is an oxymoron! yuk...But,
to each their own.....

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys keep them?? Coach me. There is a little guy at PetsMart and I am tempted but I also know they are not the kind of pet you can just learn as you go on. I feel like I kinda need to know a LOT more than it's a snake, it's cute and my aquarium is big enough for it. 🤷

TIA
I remember when you could buy piranha at the drug store!! foreign species have been, and are being, introduced in this country. Many of them are devastating to the native spices, pythons in the Everglades, for example! I suspect most, if not all of this, are the result of pets escaping, or being turned lose after they quit being cute!! Once introduced to our envoroment, it is impossable to ever get rid of them!!!!!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when you could buy piranha at the drug store!! foreign species have been, and are being, introduced in this country. Many of them are devastating to the native spices, pythons in the Everglades, for example! I suspect most, if not all of this, are the result of pets escaping, or being turned lose after they quit being cute!! Once introduced to our envoroment, it is impossable to ever get rid of them!!!!!

John, why are you telling at me?? This little guy will be fine. I'll make sure his home is secure. He may very well go from being cute, but he will still be beautiful -- all God's creatures are. Well, except for man ... 😒😖😐

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 2 ball pythons among our herd. They’re docile enough to handle without concern. They eat once a week or so and don’t really need much attention.

Oh cool. I met a guy at the grocery store who has a half dozen snakes. He gave me a lot of pointers. Can I holler if I have any questions??

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh cool. I met a guy at the grocery store who has a half dozen snakes. He gave me a lot of pointers. Can I holler if I have any questions??
Sure thing. They’re super easy so you shouldn’t have any issues. Feeding can be up to the snake though. We have one that will eat frozen mice and the other will only eat live.

Latest posts

Top Bottom