Powder choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are j&k bullets the ones their selling at h&h? I have been shooting them for a little while now and I get a little bit of smoke and fouling. Most of the fouling is on my feed ramps, I just kinda assumed it was coming from the powder not the bullets. I have only been loading for about a year and started out loading berry's plated bullets, but money is money and lead is king!

Yep.

Well hello there sweetheart, glad to see you back! And you know that it was you and GC that turned me on to this combination. One of the best things about WST is the smell! I love that smell, kinda like Hoppes #9. :thumb:

LOL -- I had forgotten about that! :thumbup3: You know what smell gets me?? Shooting the AR -- that acridy smell after you have popped of a few rounds and everything has heated up just a bit ... :thumb: (I know ... I am so weird! LOL) :laugh6:

I love my TiteGroup BB don't be hatin' on it too much!

I don't shoot for super accurate loads so I don't even test that. I make quiet bullets in 9mm and TG does me a world of good for that. My 230gr LRNs from J&K were very accurate over TiteGroup through my 1911 though. Better than any factory I've fired.

Ahhh, not hatin' my man!! LOL I am not sure I even remember why I decided I didn't like it ... kinda smoky IIRC ... man, getting old sucks arse ... :lookaroun:censored::laugh6:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
For the .45 ACP I use Unique. 5.5 grains under a 230gr cast lead RN.
That nets me over 1250 rounds per pound for a powder cost of about 1.5cents per round. figure 3.5 cents a primer and guesstimate a penny each for my home cast bullets comes out to about 6 cents a round, not too shabby.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
discovered a cream puff load for my 12 year old to shoot from the xd. 125gr lead round nose over 3.1 grains of 231 with a CCI small pistol primer. Shoots like butter, pretty accurate at 10 yards and real soft on the recoil. With the 12lb 1911 recoil spring in it will cycle just fine even limp wristed, just won't lock the slide open. At 3.3 grains it's still pretty smooth and it will lock the slide open. Got a pound of 800x gonna start workin on those loads tonight.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
cernstus, that's what my 9mm loads are like for my Sig 228. I shoot 124gr LRN bullets over 3.0 grns Bullseye. The shells kind of just roll out of the gun and fall at your feet, imperceptible recoil-wise. Love 'em.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.

LOL -- I had forgotten about that! :thumbup3: You know what smell gets me?? Shooting the AR -- that acridy smell after you have popped of a few rounds and everything has heated up just a bit ... :thumb: (I know ... I am so weird! LOL) :laugh6:

Ahhh, not hatin' my man!! LOL I am not sure I even remember why I decided I didn't like it ... kinda smoky IIRC ... man, getting old sucks arse ... :lookaroun:censored::laugh6:

It's all good!! I just love me some TiteGroup, hehehe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom