prarie dog hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to take my .17 out and shoot some dogs after turkey season. I've only been once and it was way out by Liberal. Does anyone have somewhere to hunt that's a little closer to I35?

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing around here close to a dog town is a pond full of turtles. We call it "turtle sniping". Anything less than 150yds and you only get one shot cause the rest jump off the log. Past 150 they'll sit all day, as long as you start at the back of the line (right to left on this picture) and don't hit the log.
We've nearly exterminated the turtle population on my land, so my trigger finger is needing a workout.

[Broken External Image]

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually make a prairie dog shoot out of the long Memorial Day weekend but looks like I'm driving to Wisconsin this year to see my oldest son that just moved up there. His mother is lonely already.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been p dog hunting in a couple of years. But, I plan on changing that this year. I ordered a bell and carlson stock for my .243 in December and still waiting for the brown truck to deliver. Should have plenty of .223 loaded up for a trip. I am tossing the idea of purchasing a AR 15 varminter.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing around here close to a dog town is a pond full of turtles. We call it "turtle sniping". Anything less than 150yds and you only get one shot cause the rest jump off the log. Past 150 they'll sit all day, as long as you start at the back of the line (right to left on this picture) and don't hit the log.
We've nearly exterminated the turtle population on my land, so my trigger finger is needing a workout.

[Broken External Image]

How have I lived in Arkansas for 19 years and never thought to do this????

Latest posts

Top Bottom