prarie dog hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wow them turtles look like they are in my pond! fricking things over run it and ate all my small baitfish!:censored:

Google turtle trap. They are easy to make, or if you don't want to mess with it get in contact with Dunns fish Farms here in Ok. They rent out turtle traps.

Shooting is more fun though.:yelclap:

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow them turtles look like they are in my pond! fricking things over run it and ate all my small baitfish!:censored:

Buddy of mine told me a story about a turtle on his pond taking down a duck. Said they were in a boat on the other side, hear all the ducks quack real loud and take up except one that thrashes around for a few seconds, then gets pulled under and never comes back up. Only thing they could think was a turtle that did it.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a small prairie dog farm up at Cherokee. It use to be a lot bigger, but we have been forced We also tried the "Rodenator" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_MjYPqAsg&feature=related) it was just a hell of a good time but did not do the job that we wanted. We had to put down one of our high dollar registered angus bulls because he broke his leg in a prairie dog hole.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy of mine told me a story about a turtle on his pond taking down a duck. Said they were in a boat on the other side, hear all the ducks quack real loud and take up except one that thrashes around for a few seconds, then gets pulled under and never comes back up. Only thing they could think was a turtle that did it.

If your buddy has big bass, or big catfish in their pond, they will take a duck.
Most will be the small ducks. All lake predators prey on ducks.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Springfield, Colorado was prairie dog heaven back in the 80s. People would welcome you on to their property, to get rid of the dogs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a small prairie dog farm up at Cherokee. It use to be a lot bigger, but we have been forced We also tried the "Rodenator" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_MjYPqAsg&feature=related) it was just a hell of a good time but did not do the job that we wanted. We had to put down one of our high dollar registered angus bulls because he broke his leg in a prairie dog hole.

I need one of those rodenators for the gophers on my place. That looked like fun!

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of a town just on the west side of OKC but not sure about hunting it and you could probably only use an air rifle even then. If you are on the turnpike north bound about a mile from I40 it is off on the east side of the road on private property.

All that just to make a point that you do not have to drive to the panhandle to shoot the suckers.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of a town just on the west side of OKC but not sure about hunting it and you could probably only use an air rifle even then. If you are on the turnpike north bound about a mile from I40 it is off on the east side of the road on private property.

All that just to make a point that you do not have to drive to the panhandle to shoot the suckers.

I know where a bunch of them are within an hour of OKC but I ain't tellin where. You got to do the leg work and find your own prairie dogs. It is too hard to get good places to hunt and then give them away to someone.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know where a bunch of them are within an hour of OKC but I ain't tellin where. You got to do the leg work and find your own prairie dogs. It is too hard to get good places to hunt and then give them away to someone.

wouldn't ask you to give the spot away. Just tell me when you want to go and I'll come pick you up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom