prarie dog hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know where a bunch of them are within an hour of OKC but I ain't tellin where. You got to do the leg work and find your own prairie dogs. It is too hard to get good places to hunt and then give them away to someone.

I smell what your stepping in. Is the place close to where you have kinfolk?

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most guys I know with GOOD dog towns you would have a better chance of getting thier wife for a night than them telling you where thier dog town is! I would guess 90% would even give you money for the date :naughty: Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most guys I know with GOOD dog towns you would have a better chance of getting thier wife for a night than them telling you where thier dog town is! I would guess 90% would even give you money for the date :naughty: Later,

Kirk

:lmfao: Aint that the truth. Not my honey hole......:tounge:

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell is the deal!?!? I was expecting 2 pages of "come on out just pick up your empties" or "we're going in a couple weeks, I'll call ya." You'd think I was asking to come fish your trophy stocked pond or shoot a 150 class whitetail. I thought these critters were land damaging, livestock leg breaking, nuisance animals.
Maybe we can swap hunts or something. Come kill some of my nuisance critters - coyote, bobcat, raccoon, armadillo, possum. We can kill all we can find. Hell, we can even go shoot a turkey if someone wants to take me to their honey hole.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, if you want "easy" access to prairie dogs you are gonna have to drive to the panhandle. Yes, there are p-dogs closer to I-35, but we all know the farther east you go the habitat gets more marginal for p-dogs and they are harder to find. Go where they are plentiful and the landowners truly have a problem with them and you shouldn't have an issue with access, or people "hoarding" thier spots. (not that I can say I would blame them for keeping close spots for themselves, I would do the same.)

I don't really have a dog in this fight, never shot p-dogs in OK. Currently live in NE and can shoot all the p-dogs I want to up here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom