Prayers needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wednesday night our son Bryce rolled his pickup, he was pinned under it for around 10 hours. He suffered a broken collar bone, fractured pelvis, cracked ribs, broken wrist, damaged neck and spine and severely damage leg. They air lifted him to OU medical center Thursday morning and after almost 6 hours of surgery they were able to save his leg! It was crushed for so long without blood flow to it that there was a huge concern that he would lose it. But thank God and the wonderful Drs. they were able to save it. He is in stable condition but still has many injuries that will have to be dealt with one at a time. They are keeping a close eye on his kidneys because with the muscles in the leg being so damaged it put off a chemical in his body that can damage the kidneys. He may have to have surgery on his wrist, but the latest news we got on the way home earlier was they had put a splint/cast on it for now. But we will see what tomorrow brings with that. He will have to be in a neck brace for a couple months and could possibly have to have surgery on that if the neck brace doesn't do the trick and have to have at least one more surgery for his leg. They are just taking things one problem at a time and while the leg was by far the worst injury there are still several more that will need attention and he will have a long road to healing ahead of him. As of tonight he is still in recovery - waiting for an ICU room to open up.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in! Prayers for Bryce. Keep us posted with updates if you're wiling.

Will do. We drove back home tonight and will make the trip back to OKC Sunday. My sister and brother live there so they will pop in and keep us posted until we get back. When we left home yesterday morning we had no details other than he was air lifted to OU Med Center.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you deeply. My son spent months at OU med center in intensive care, and I can assure you the best of the best work there. Your son is in great hands. The staff, and facilities are incredible. Hopefully the spinal damage is not permanent.
I can assure you, your family will be in my thoughts, and prayers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom