Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night a mature 8 point was standing in the road. I slowed to not hit the deer thinking it would move as I approached. Negative I had to stop and then I seen the doe bedded in the ditch. I hollered at em to go get a room!

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent all afternoon riding horseback through salt plains wildlife refuge looking for some stray cattle. Every buck I saw was still by himself.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
West of Tonkawa on hwy 60 saw a doe in west bound lane then cross to North, then looked and a big spike started across the 4lane. Stopped and he went across on her trail at 10:15 this morning.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see a mature 10 on lock down with a doe from about 670 yds. She's laying down and he's just standing super close. This in in deer creek/piedmont area they are out in wide open. Been watching him for 20 mins or so through spotter. Sure wish it was Saturday not Tuesday. Could easily get to 450 ish yds. I'm super confident at that range with my stw. This is pure torture ! *edit* at 9:00 they are still on lock down except he's finally laid down. The rut is on around here !

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went out this afternoon. got to my spot and parked and noticed a deer standing near the creek on the edge of the field about 200 yards away. i got the binos out and it was a 5 point that ive seen a few times before. not sure if there was a doe with it or not, but it just stood there and watched me park. i got out, put my harness on, put my back pack on and it was still just lookin at me. wasnt sure what to do. i have to walk about 300 yards across a wide open field to get to my stand. i went ahead and just started walking across and kinda kept my head down. it just stood there the entire time watching me cross the field, probably less than 100 yards away at one point. i got in the stand and rattled a few times and right at sunset the same 5 point came busting through the creek and went right by my stand. i rattled again a few minutes later and it came running back by and circled around behind me looking around, roaming the creek for a while. it wasnt sure what to do, lol. ive been lookin for a couple 10 points i seen in early October, but neither of them showed up.

im off on friday so ill be out that morning and hopefully i can snag one of the 10 pointers before the orange invasion on saturday!!!

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a deer in sight at James Collins WMA today. Lots of tracks and sign but no deer to be found. Looks like this seasons gonna be a bust for me back to Kansas on Friday for another 14 days on a drilling rig. What a great way to spend rifle season!

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing the 8pointer that just walked up my driveway with his nose to the ground was lookin' for some lovin'.
He'll find a herd of ladies in woods once he gets past my shop.
I wouldn't have seen him if I didn't have the floodlights around the house.
Hope him and his buddies are still around come Saturday.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am "officially" calling it as being on hot and heavy here at my hacienda. Saw 3 different bucks with nose to the ground in open country this morning in a 5 mile drive to/from town this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom