Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a hunting spot on the edge of OKC limits on Sunday evening. Scared a lone doe on the way in. Saw no other deer. Spoke with another guy who hunts nearby and he had no luck Wednesday night and none Thursday morning, but he did see a deer smashed into the front of a car on Wilsher Blvd near Midwest City Wednesday night on the way home. :(

Dreaming Man
:osu

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I picked a bad spot to hunt today.... Didn't see a single deer but on the other side of the creek(to deep and far to pass) I did hear a doe and buck goin at it. Wish I would have recorded the audio. That was in skiatook btw

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice wide 8 point walked into the feeder around 4:45 and fed a little bit and slowly walked off. No does seen this afternoon. They did not even come in after I poured the corn out and whistled.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the nickname you have, I wouldn't come in if I was a deer either.

LOL....

I've seen little rut activity at all this year. We are in the 3rd year of severe drought. ponds still dry, etc.

The does are barely bigger than their fawns. The mature bucks we have been seeing for many years and passing on, are not showing up on trail cams.

This year sucks.

I could kill a lot of deer every day, but not the quality we have been used to.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
LOL....

I've seen little rut activity at all this year. We are in the 3rd year of severe drought. ponds still dry, etc.

The does are barely bigger than their fawns. The mature bucks we have been seeing for many years and passing on, are not showing up on trail cams.

This year sucks.

I could kill a lot of deer every day, but not the quality we have been used to.

That pretty much sums it up, accurately and honestly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom