Pressure tank for water well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me the procedure for checking and adding air to a pressure tank? Its operating fine. I just want to keep it that way. Its a
well x trol brand tank. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There should be a pressure valve at the top of the tank. If there is a plastic guard on top just screw that thing off.
Check the pressure with an ordinary tire gauge. Fill it up just like you would a tire.

The tank is gonna take alot less pressure than a tire would. Just consult the manufacturers recomendations

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought that's all there was to it, but I wanted to make sure. When I had it serviced last time, I asked the guy how to do it, but I forgot. I did however write on the tank the pressure he told me to set it at, which is 30psi.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would assume you need to check the pressure with the well turned off and the pressure bled to 0 on the lines. Depending on how much usable volume the tank is supposed to have the pressure with the system bled down may be a lot less than the pressure when the system is "pressured up". If you halve the air volume in the tank you will quadruple the pressure. The "precharge" pressure is what you want to check. As always, these comments are by no means advice and they are worth exactly what you are paying for them, if you blow the entire neighborhood up and pollute the water table, I am by no means responsible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom