Previous church group member out of jail with possible bad intentions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As with every one else said, Keep you family safe.

I'm very surprised your pastor didn't drop everything and talk to this guy though. Sounds like this guy was needing to hear something or just vent and seems a staff meeting isn't that important

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As with every one else said, Keep you family safe.

I'm very surprised your pastor didn't drop everything and talk to this guy though. Sounds like this guy was needing to hear something or just vent and seems a staff meeting isn't that important
I agree with that. I wondering though if the receptionist usually just gives that out something like it as a standard answer to people asking and didn't really know the gravity of the situation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with that. I wondering though if the receptionist usually just gives that out something like it as a standard answer to people asking and didn't really know the gravity of the situation.

The way you describe the event, It doesn't sound like she could have mistaken the importance

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way you describe the event, It doesn't sound like she could have mistaken the importance
That's true. I'm just not sure what pastor told her about him. May not have wanted to scare her, but I've been wrong just about every day I've been married. Lol...

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So +1 on the cameras. I assume you've drilled it into the family that if anyone knocks - eyes on the camera first to assess who it is. If it's family, great. If not, it opens for no one. Don't even answer it. A response by anyone home tends to present information about who's at home. (if Dad didn't answer, he's probably not home) or (if the girl answers, she's probably home alone).
Keep doors and windows closed and locked.

Basic safety aside, do you have a reason to think he'd target you or your family?
You didn't get him arrested, so retaliation seems questionable.
Did he ever seem interested in your girl or family?

I'm not dismissing your concern, just trying to view it objectively.
With that said, Crazy is - what crazy does. There's no logic behind a loose screw.
Basic family safety is prudent, and it sounds like your thinking of all the right things.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So +1 on the cameras. I assume you've drilled it into the family that if anyone knocks - eyes on the camera first to assess who it is. If it's family, great. If not, it opens for no one. Don't even answer it. A response by anyone home tends to present information about who's at home. (if Dad didn't answer, he's probably not home) or (if the girl answers, she's probably home alone).
Keep doors and windows closed and locked.

Basic safety aside, do you have a reason to think he'd target you or your family?
You didn't get him arrested, so retaliation seems questionable.
Did he ever seem interested in your girl or family?

I'm not dismissing your concern, just trying to view it objectively.
With that said, Crazy is - what crazy does. There's no logic behind a loose screw.
Basic family safety is prudent, and it sounds like your thinking of all the right things.
Yes sir. I fact my wife was the first one to state we needed a camera system. What's crazy is we get notifications to our phone for motion detection. I've night a couple weeks ago we both woke up to what we thought was a doorbell and it was. She checked the camera at the front door and it was a Moore police officer. Talked about freaking out at 3 am. Turns out, when I went to the door slowly of course, he only stopped to tell me that my garage door was open. I'm not sure how that happened since we are always very careful to close it when we get in the garage. Needless to say I didn't sleep more than night.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you what to do. I can only tell you what I would do.
I realize the law says you can't carry in schools, and my past employer had the same rules before retiring.
I carried a small pistol in my pocket every day nonetheless. My safety is much more important than any rules on the books.
Yes, I realize my actions could have resulted in a firing on discovery, and in a school resulted in criminal offenses, but again, I'm relating what I would do, not what you should do.
The guy's divorce seems to have driven him over the edge.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're doing the right thing, jeff. Did the guy have any issues prior to the divorce? IOW, was the divorce caused purely by the ex-wife takiing up with the other guy, or were there other factors? Also, is the incident with his son the only example of violent or other criminal behavior in the guys past or were there others?

If there are none, then I'd agree with Dennis about the divorce being the driving factor. From where I can see, it appears that he just can't accept the divorce.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're doing the right thing, jeff. Did the guy have any issues prior to the divorce? IOW, was the divorce caused purely by the ex-wife takiing up with the other guy, or were there other factors? Also, is the incident with his son the only example of violent or other criminal behavior in the guys past or were there others?

If there are none, then I'd agree with Dennis about the divorce being the driving factor. From where I can see, it appears that he just can't accept the divorce.
Yes sir, you are correct. He didn't take the divorce well at all. He never really recovered from it according to his mother and sister. He never had any other criminal record until that time. We looked him up, the only thing in his record at all on Oklahoma was his marriage and divorce. Not even a traffic violation. I truly believe in his mind what he held onto was believing he would be able to reunite with his wife and son and be a family again. When he found out she was getting married, he snapped...

Latest posts

Top Bottom