Private range regulations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at building a private range for my neighborhood (outside city limits). Does anyone have any good links or information sources or tips for that matter about the regulations I would have to comply with. It won't be a whole lot more than a place where everyone in the neighborhood happens to go to target practice. However, I would like to let people buying and selling lots to advertise that the neighborhood has a private shooting range without accidentally falling into a legal problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eric.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm helping to layout a neighborhood, and am looking to make it part of the communal neighborhood property. Only for use by owners (of course). The only exception might be that property owners who are lawyers are not allow anywhere near the range, or their property, or the county. Kidding on that last part. If only that were possible. (no offense to the 5% of good lawyers out there.)

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're an NRA Business Alliance member, they have those design/consulting services available, don't know the cost.

Also an NRA-certified Chief Range Safety Office could be a valuable resource as well because they are charged with creating the range SOPs and factoring that in.

I'm sure that's not a great help, but at least, it should get you pointed in the right direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom