Processing wild hog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For deer we hang em from a tree... peel back the skin around their neck, cut their legs off at the knees... put a golf ball in the skin of the neck, tie a rope around it, tie the other end of the rope to a trailer hitch and slowly drive off... skin peels right off then you can break down the quarters and get the straps etc.

Thats the way we have done it too. Works well doesn't it? :D
I have an overhead crane in the shop, and put an anchor in the floor, with a pulley using the golf ball like you, and just lifted them up, striping the skin off.
I'm interested in doing this on like a controlled hunt, when one might be in the field for several days. Just something different to try?

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the way we have done it too. Works well doesn't it? :D
I have an overhead crane in the shop, and put an anchor in the floor, with a pulley using the golf ball like you, and just lifted them up, striping the skin off.
I'm interested in doing this on like a controlled hunt, when one might be in the field for several days. Just something different to try?

Works perfectly and the look on someone's face that has never seen it before is priceless... I feel like macguyver everytime... "I need a golf ball and about 10 feet of rope to skin this deer"...

Latest posts

Top Bottom