PRODUCT REVIEW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems like I seen this on here one time but not sure. If it is then help me find it. Until then I like a lot of other outdoors people might would like to buy something but there is so much stuff out there that's not worth buying. So if you have bought something that you have had a good experience with then let us know tell us about it. If your interested in buying something ask here if anyone has had any experience with it.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will start anybody here ever use BBD deer feed trying to find something deer like as good as acorns. Also what about record rack berry flavored pellets they are advertised that deer like them as much or more then acorns.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A comment on a couple items I picked up. Bought a ghost blind on here from a member a few months back and have been using it exclusively. Even though I haven't harvested a deer yet this year I have had some close, along with a coyote, that never saw me so I know it's working. The bad, carrying it in is heavy and cumbersome.

I also just bought a redneck folding swivel hunting chair off craigslist. I was using one of those three legged stools with no back and it was starting to kill me. I absolutely love the chair, it's like a recliner compared to the stool. The bad, crappy carrying strap and at 16 pounds it's a chore to tote in also.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second permethrin and thermacell.

My favorite gadgets are my Carcass Tag, which has my name, address and license number printed on it. Use a permanent marker to record date and time, then wipe off with rubbing alcohol.

Second is the Silent Retriever. Imagine two treble hooks that are weighted and hinged that you attach to a rope/string, for grabbing gear that you drop out of your tree stand. Very handy and fun to play with.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i did an experiment with the record rack berry nuggets once. i poured a pile of the nuggets then i covered it with corn. next to it was a plain pile of corn. the plain pile was barely touched and they had pushed to corn aside to get to the nuggets on the other one. YMMV

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am loving this I have had to go through so much bad crap to get to good stuff it isn't even funny. Like the
thermacell. Sounds like I need to get one. And the Experiment that dlbleak did on record rack is enough to get me to try it. Already own a ghoshtblind read quote on slas thread funny story about ghost blind

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A comment on a couple items I picked up. Bought a ghost blind on here from a member a few months back and have been using it exclusively. Even though I haven't harvested a deer yet this year I have had some close, along with a coyote, that never saw me so I know it's working. The bad, carrying it in is heavy and cumbersome.

I also just bought a redneck folding swivel hunting chair off craigslist. I was using one of those three legged stools with no back and it was starting to kill me. I absolutely love the chair, it's like a recliner compared to the stool. The bad, crappy carrying strap and at 16 pounds it's a chore to tote in also.

Funny story about ghost blind good info to have if you ever buy one seen a bunch of videos and pics of ghost blind in use. I thought it to be a great idea. so I order me one couldn't wait for it to get in. it arrived I was excited about using it. unwrap it set it up and it wasn't nothing like they said it was bad bad the reflective mirror on it would not reflect hardly at all. so I put it in the shop and it set there 2 years until I decided to sell some stuff I got it out to take pics of it and notice something had ran down the whole face of the mirror side and mess it up so I thought got to looking at it. It had a protective shield on of plastic on it. I peeled it off and low and behold there was a mirror as they advertised man di d I feel dumb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom