Proud Husband!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest daughter was also in that group last night. It was certainly worth the 7 hour drive(round trip) to see. It is a very intense 2 years and Robin made it and never missed supporting the kids in all their sports events. All those graduates certainly earned that little pin. Congrats to all.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up around nurses, my mom and all her friends were RNs...they are amazing. Congrats to all of you who've managed to snag one.

TK, she landed a nurse extern job at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital during her last semester and it's working out well so it looks like cardiac care is going to be her path for now. She, being the crazy obsessed woman she is, is already talking about enrolling in her BSN.

As for OSA's official nurse, looks like we have enough to start our own private hospital. LOL.

Which one? MY wife is a night nurse at OHH North. She seems to love it. Enough work to keep her busy most of the time but few enough patients that she can actually take care of them. completely different than her experience at OU Medical. She should love it!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:woot: Very, very cool! Congrats to her! (You're a lucky dawg, huh?? How'd you snag a pretty one that was smart too?? :anyone: :D)

I'm a lucky man! Thanks BB.

Give Mrs. SMS my best, it's been too long since we knocked a few cold ones back!

Will do Shoes...it has been a long time.

My youngest daughter was also in that group last night. It was certainly worth the 7 hour drive(round trip) to see. It is a very intense 2 years and Robin made it and never missed supporting the kids in all their sports events. All those graduates certainly earned that little pin. Congrats to all.

My wife (she was the one who read the "Significance of the Pin") was in the online group but said she remembers a girl named Robin.

Which one? MY wife is a night nurse at OHH North. She seems to love it. Enough work to keep her busy most of the time but few enough patients that she can actually take care of them. completely different than her experience at OU Medical. She should love it!

She's working at OHH South....she loves the environment. She did a lot of her clinicals at Midwest Regional and she said it's a night and day difference.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's working at OHH South....she loves the environment. She did a lot of her clinicals at Midwest Regional and she said it's a night and day difference.

You remember GlockGirl?? She did her clinicals at Midwest Regional. Had to put in a year after she graduated, I think, to pay off her student obligation. She couldn't WAIT to get out from under that. Last time I talked to her she was at one of the heart hospitals and loving it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to your better half. Next step NCLEX!

She's got a sweet deal with that...she's taking a NCLEX prep course on her own dime next week, and then her hospital is paying for another one at the beginning of January...and the time in the class is paid time. At this point NCLEX looks to be the easy part lol.

You remember GlockGirl?? She did her clinicals at Midwest Regional. Had to put in a year after she graduated, I think, to pay off her student obligation. She couldn't WAIT to get out from under that. Last time I talked to her she was at one of the heart hospitals and loving it.

It's amazing how there can be so much disparity between two hospitals so close to each other. The nursing director at Midwest Regional was constantly hitting up all the students trying to swing them into coming to work there, but I don't think a single one did. It's amazing that they can function.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome... I know that took a lot of hard work and dedication.

Congratulations, and here's to her finding the job she wants in this vital field in the crazy mixed economy that is our country's medical sector!

cencrunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to your wife. I was a patient at the North heart hospital and I could not believe the care. By far the best hospital I've ever seen. The nurses were all great and all seemed to think that it was the best nursing job in the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom