Pulled over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got pulled over sunday night at the wagnor exit heading to get my boat, for a toll violation(left my pike pass in wifes car). Told the ohp i had my cwp and a pistol in my center consol, he asked me to come back to his car. He thanked me for telling him and said it was nice to know that people actually carry and let me go with out a ticket.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my first pullover in Texas last Sunday. Was pulling a trailer ,the lights stopped working (really) brake lights ,turn sigs , but no running lights. In between Denton and Decatur on 380,by a County Sheriff (Deputy). He walked up Veerry carefuly, ask do you know why I pulled you over as I handed him my licenses. He said "OH,... are you armed".
I was very polite, said Yes Sir, He ask me to step out and come back to look at the lights. He ran my licenses and ask "What are you Packin". I told him a Springfield 1911.., and a .38 in the glove box.
He said Nice, lets look at those lights.
Couldnt fix them so He told me to keep my flashers on and.. Keep Stayin Safe.
Thanks OSA

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got pulled over on broadway extension for 17 over and tailgating the cop walked up to my car and i handed him my ccp and license he looked at it and then looked at me an asked are wanted by the FBI i told him no sir he walked back to his car to do his thing came back and asked why i was in a big hurry i told him i was late for work and then the obvious came out of his mouth do you realize you could be by downtown right now if you were not speeding i kind of chuckled and told him yea he said well have a god day and didn't give me a ticket

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't really pulled over,but, when I topped the hill to get to the main road, at around 3:10 am, there was a car with it's brights on. I flipped mine off, but he didn't, so I flipped them back on. That's when the cherries came on!:homer: I promptly flipped them off again, and he moved over towards the center of the road.
I stopped by the side of his car, and the sheriff asked me if I had seen anyone walking or heard any gun shots. I told him no, but I had a CCW license and I was armed. (GREAT) Showed him my license, and he asked where I lived. Asked again if I heard any gun shots, told him I had been up since 2am (damn cats) and hadn't heard anything. He said thank you and I said be safe.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got stopped about a month ago in Moore (first time being pulled over in Oklahoma) for blocking an intersection. Gave the LEO my drivers license and CC permit as soon as he got to my window. Told him I was carrying. He asked where it was....told him my right hip. The LEO was very nice and professional, and gave me a warning. I have to say, I've been all over the country and I have yet to see LEO's that are as good as the ones here. I'm always seeing OHP stop to help drivers in distress (and helping ladies change tires). I'm impressed. That's one reason I retired here in Oklahoma. I just happened to be driving thru, and thought the people were so friendly, the wife and I decided to stay for good.

Armedmomma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got stopped for the first time today since I've had my ccw license in Tuttle. I informed him that I had a CCW license and was carrying. He asked me where it was and I told him my right hip. He then asked me to get out of the car and stand beside the car with my arms crossed. He ran my info and handed my licenses to me. Gave me a warning and asked if I minded if he asked what I carried. I told him today is a .38 spcl day. He laughed and told me to be safe and have a good evening.

I was a little worried when he had me get out of the car, but it turned out ok. :)

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were pulled over in Wichita for an u turn.My wife was driving and we both were packin. A male officer was ticketing the wife. She told him she had a permit and a gun on her. I was waiting to tell him also and I noticed a young female officer by my window. I put the window down and started to inform her that I had a permit and a weapon on me also. She interupted me before I could finish telling her by asking where was my gun. I told her in my pants pocket. She asked me to get out of the car and I did. She asked me to turn around and face the car and I did. I told her that I was an Oklahoma Concealed Carry Permit Instructor and I worked with the Ponca City Police Dept. in their Extra Eyes Program and that I had my P.D. id with me. She snatched that little Kel Tec .380 out of my pocket in a heartbeat.She looked at my carry permit. She asked if I had any other weapons on me? I said I had a knife and she took that also and told me to get back in the car. She later returned my weapons by putting them in the rear seat floorboard and telling me that after we drove off I could get them. By this time my wife was done getting her ticket and we drove off. Then my wife said wasn't that a little strange,I broke the law and you were drug out of the car and treated like a criminal. To shorten this up a little ,I was in contact with their chief and told him that if the little girl officer was afraid of a middle age guy in a Camry with his wife so much that she had to get me out of the car and take my weapons,why did she put me back in the car where I could reach my wife's gun? I warn the people in my SDA Classes that in Kansas you may be treated like a criminal for packin there. Profreedomokie

Dear Penthouse Letters,

I was packin' my heater in my front pocket when...

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my first encounter with deputy a couple weeks ago. Handed him the DL and CCL. He asked if I was armed. I said yes. He said slow it down and watch for deer. Have a nice day.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was stopped in Bethany for floating a stop sign a few months back, showed my papers to the Officer to include my SDA license and calmly, carefully told him I had a loaded weapon on my person. He asked where my firearm was and I told him (IWB, right hip). I apologized for not coming to a complete stop; he was very professional, advised me to drive carefully and let me off with a warning.

The best part of this for me: I DO drive much more cautiously now; why risk being pulled over and having to notify? That can make everyone nervous and wastes the LEO's time. I would rather have him or her catching bad guys than having to mess with my carelessness. Plus; I really shouldn't be floating stop signs! Let's give our LEO's a hand; they are out there working for peanuts doing the best they can. Drive safe, be safe, use good judgment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom