putting it into numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else think this whole mass shooting craze is going to continue to spiral out of control and lead to MAJOR changes in our national identity and response?

I have little doubt there is going to be more powerful pushing to restrict gun rights in America over the next few years, and I think alot of the general-public sheeple are going to get behind it.

If you think an Aussie-style ban can't happen here, I'd have to disagree. It's really pathetic and really discouraging.

Sure, I think it will happen next time we have a republican president and a democrat congress.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've stated this in several threads, and I'll re-state it. If we want to protect gun-rights, we had better make friends with liberals (and everyone else, too) and have serious talks about this issue. Alienating liberals, especially now, is the most dangerous thing we can do. Right or wrong, change is coming, and you want to have a seat at the decision table.

Correct, all our liberties will necessarily change to keep us safe. :wink2:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you should look at these numbers http://heyjackass.com/
Chicago is a fun one. But it really doesn't address the thousands of shootings outside of Chicago (most in gun-available zones), nor does it address the fact that we have about 1 mass shooting (i.e., at least 4 people shot) every day now. At this point, I don't know what the best way forward is...or what needs changed, or if anything needs changed at all. I'm trying to examine this from all angles, and it's a mess. What do you think we should do, if anything?

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, Jail violent criminals until they are no longer a threat to us and reopen mental institutions for the insane.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I will remind you our country has a population in excess of 320M.

Roughly 250k people die every month or 3M every year in the US, so what can our bloated government do about it?

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one don't necessarily care for a "seat at the table", if the table is heavily populated with irrational and illogical people.

Look at the San Bernadino attack. Its being stated that they used AR pattern rifles with hi cap mags. No bullet buttons and no 10rd neutered mags. What's that? You mean they broke those onerous California gun laws? Say it ain't so!

Gun rights restrictions are absolutely 100% ineffective unless you have a way to magically disappear ALL guns in America overnight. Even then, we'll just see an increase in mass knife attacks like China has all the time.

Gun laws are a red herring. Anyone who tells you a gun law will help with the problem is a foolish idiot. I don't tolerate fools and idiots, so someone else will have to deal with them. :mad:

Latest posts

Top Bottom