Question about a speeding ticket....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never ever ever heard of that one...very very interesting. Would a call to the state AG's office to see if this is a legit move by either the city or the employee be in order?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That extra is for her troubles for not entering it into the system. Welcome to small town America. I'm surprised you didn't have the option of paying the officer cash like they did in Big Cabin years ago. I would pay the 150.00 if I got a letter confirming it wasn't going on my record. The insurance hit will be more than 150.00 over the span of how ever many years they nail you.

my insurance has never gone up on me for a speeding ticket, and I average one every 2 to 3 years. my insurance has only ever gone down....

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew being a speeder would pay off one day, this is legit a bunch of places are doing this extortion now Texas has been doing it for years in Pryor you get what seems like a small fee for going way over the limit or you can pay extra not get pulled over for 30 days and the driving record fairy makes it disappear. when you think about it, it is really a good source of revenue when they can nail the out of town folks to the wall I think I own 3 police cars and a 1/2 a mile of highway down in Texas I can't even begin to think what my heavy foot has bought in Oklahoma.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
my insurance has never gone up on me for a speeding ticket, and I average one every 2 to 3 years. my insurance has only ever gone down....

Tickets for 10+ mph over the posted limit get put on your driving record. That's a known fact, and if your insurance agent runs a DMV record, which most do at least every two years, it will raise your insurance rates. If your tickets are for under 10, then the ticket is between you and the ticketing agency.

Maybe your insurance agent doesn't run DMV reports. If so, count yourself lucky.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tickets for 10+ mph over the posted limit get put on your driving record. That's a known fact, and if your insurance agent runs a DMV record, which most do at least every two years, it will raise your insurance rates. If your tickets are for under 10, then the ticket is between you and the ticketing agency.

Maybe your insurance agent doesn't run DMV reports. If so, count yourself lucky.

I use Liberty Mutual. Most of mine are around 10mph over(not sure of the number that are over or under as I haven't checked my driving history in a few years), and they are almost always while driving on the freeway(highway patrol).

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew being a speeder would pay off one day, this is legit a bunch of places are doing this extortion now Texas has been doing it for years in Pryor you get what seems like a small fee for going way over the limit or you can pay extra not get pulled over for 30 days and the driving record fairy makes it disappear. when you think about it, it is really a good source of revenue when they can nail the out of town folks to the wall I think I own 3 police cars and a 1/2 a mile of highway down in Texas I can't even begin to think what my heavy foot has bought in Oklahoma.

Proper punctuation is key.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one for doing 15 over on my way back from the OU/TX game a few years back. OHP gave me the ticket but the court was in Ardmore. They offered me a no hit on my record for $50. I paid the $50 and didn't get any points.

I think this is about what mine cost. It was over and above the ticket IIRC, but it's been around 3 years.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Depends on whether municipal charges or state charges are filed.. Municipalities can do strange things with their courts. If State charges are filed then it will go on your record.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once upon the time, I got a speeding ticket in Rush spring. I did slow down for the intersection (35) but speed up afterword. Before the next post limit(60)I was at 65ish.
I was so ready to go to fight it in court, but the court day is on Valentine's day and I had plan with wife ( GF at that time)
I ended up paid $150 more to get it off the record.

Latest posts

Top Bottom