Question about non-residents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacoman22

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm in Oklahoma attending the FAA academy and because I'm not a resident I'm aware that a handgun purchase is out of the question as far as taking delivery in this state but as for long rifles and shotguns would there be any problem taking delivery?
Sorry for the newbie question but I haven't had much to stop at a range or gun shop. Any help is appreciated thanks guys!

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What state are you originally from? You're good to go if you're from a bordering state.

Arizona and Washington are also OK.

There's more, but those are all I know off the top of my head.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure, but if you visit one of our fine dealers, they'll help you figure it out.

I think the guidline is that the process for purchasing in this state must match the requirement in your home state....in other words if your state has a mandatory waiting period, you can't buy here since OK doesn't have one. Could be wrong, but an FFL holder should be able to set you straight.

Duvivr6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am also from Florida, and since I am living in the state I have been able to buy rifles with no problem all I do is give them a proof that i live in oklahoma which I used my car registration since I have Oklahoma tags.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are at the FAA at the airport, there is a small town just west of there called Wheatland. If you took the S. Council exit off of Hwy 152 and go south, there is a gun shop called something like Big Boys on the west side of the road. That is probably close enough to go to on a lunch hour.

Latest posts

Top Bottom