Question about Quit Claim Deed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mistaken on the two properties I sold. They were evidently non-warranty deeds and not quit claims. They read like this:

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:

That _______, (“Grantor”), in consideration of the sum of ___ Dollars, in hand paid, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, does hereby grant, bargain, sell and convey unto _______, (“Grantee”) Street, City, State, Zip, the following described real property and premises, situated in ___ County, State of Oklahoma, to-wit:

Surface and surface rights only in and to _________legal property description_______together with all the improvements thereon and the appurtenances thereunto belonging without warranty of title.

To have and to hold said described premises forever unto the Grantee, their successors and assigns, subject to easements and rights of way of record, protective or restrictive covenants of record and oil and gas leases of record.

Signed and delivered _____date______

Acknowledgment _______NOTARY details, sig, stamp and date_________

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mistaken on the two properties I sold. They were evidently non-warranty deeds and not quit claims. They read like this:

How a contact works is specific to the language in the contract :)

Not being a smart-ass, but this discussion was about general terms and of course, as you proved, one needs to look at the specific language in the contract to understand how and what it conveys. I work in insurance, not real estate, but this is true with most contracts. We can argue about the general differences in contracts all day long, but we never know we are right or wrong until we examine specific language.

I also agree that a QCD could be fine, if as you state, you research the title and it all makes sense. If John Smith sells me 5 acres via QCD, and Assessor confirms with the legal description of the property that John Smith has held it free and clear for decades, I would be comfortable with the sale.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How a contact works is specific to the language in the contract :)

Not being a smart-ass, but this discussion was about general terms and of course, as you proved, one needs to look at the specific language in the contract to understand how and what it conveys. I work in insurance, not real estate, but this is true with most contracts. We can argue about the general differences in contracts all day long, but we never know we are right or wrong until we examine specific language.

I also agree that a QCD could be fine, if as you state, you research the title and it all makes sense. If John Smith sells me 5 acres via QCD, and Assessor confirms with the legal description of the property that John Smith has held it free and clear for decades, I would be comfortable with the sale.

No worries, not taken that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom