Question about selling a house. Can I see two offers made at once?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never heard of any crap like that.

Hell, I've been a buyer and had my agent tell me that the seller already has an offer on the table and what it is even so I can decide if I want to make a better one.

Challenge your agent on this and if they still refuse, make them show you the law that states it. If they can't do it, FIRE THEM and get a new agent immediately.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no. Offers are offers. You can see them all and counter how you see fit. Your not really " locked in" until you accept an offer

ETA: if an agent told you this then you need to get another one

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can not respond for a period and consider all your offers. It is your home, do as you wish, but once you commit to one buyer, it should be a done deal.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can see any and all offers, your agent is required to present every offer to you. You are not required to do anything with an offer.
A common tactic is to have the agent list a house and hold all offers until a date you specify before he replies to the people making the offers.
That's commonly done by banks selling foreclosed properties, it's not commonly done by individuals.

Like a previous person told you, if your agent told you this, I'd fire him.
I was a real estate agent for many years until I suspended my license so I wouldn't have to keep up with continuing education.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell your agent you want to see every offer made, by all agents.

I dealt with an unscrupulous agent once. I was attempting to buy thru an agent outside her firm, and she was only showing offers from her buyers, so she wouldn't have to split the commission. I made two offers on the property, both of which were "rejected". 2 months later the property was still on the market, so I just stopped and knocked on the door. The owner had never seen my offers, either one of them. His agent couldn't get a buyer qualified, so his property had started the "sold" process 3 times, and never closed.

I told him to fire his agent, and I'd make an offer, and bring my own money, but if I found out even a dime of my money was going to her, I would pull my offer, and there would be no sale. I had a real estate friend of mine write the offer this time, and he included my terms in the offer. No money would go to the listing agent, and if we found out it was, the offer was void. Then we discounted my lowest offer 7% just to make sure that if he did give her any money, it was going to be at his expense.

Don't think a listing agent won't try to sway the deal to keep from splitting a commission, because there are a bunch that won't think twice about doing just that.

musokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Realtors are required to show you all offers, and present them in a timely manner by the code of ethics of the NAR. Unless you agreed to otherwise in your listing agreement. Which would not be standard practice. You may want to avoid making counter offers to more than one party at the same time to protect yourself from having two accepted offers at the same time a possible legal issues. However if you make a counter and you recieve a better offer before the buyer accepts (signed contract) your first offer you can recended your counter offer and accept a second offer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom