question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y
Like what was stated if you do go this path get with your loved ones and discuss it with them so they are not devastated by it.

My neighbors son who lived with them shot himself in the head in the bath tub last year.
Girlfriend left him.
They are not over it at all.
Last month my daughters sister from another mother killed herself.
Her husband left her both of these people were under 25 years old.

Hurts a lot of people and people around them think it is their fault because they may have been able to do something to help so they feel like the let the murder happen. Almost like they did the killing.
I couldn't agree more with this.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the OP.

Suicide is NEVER the answer. It's a permanent fix to a temporary problem. Tomorrow is another day.

Now, I'd be lying if I said I've never thought about eating a bullet. God knows with all my assorted aches and pains, I feel like it's my only hope. But there's so much more I wanna do and see in this life.

I have two beautiful grandsons that I want to watch as they grow into men and start their own family. There's several places I wanna see. So much I wanna do.

My mother killed herself. Not quickly, mind you. No, she caught a nasty UTI that turned septic. Dad was on his deathbed with cancer, and she couldn't stand the thought of her life without him in it.

So she has this UTI, it goes septic, she already had a DNR in the works, that none of us knew about. So when she was rushed to the ER, they basically sent her home because of it. She refused to eat or drink, so we had to spend the next 4 days watching her die slowly and miserably.

Suicide is never an option.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve read your posts about what you’re going through on here. If you’re considering something like this, I’d talk to your loved ones first. I hope you are able to find some relief in everything you’re going through.

I’m not a believer anymore but know the Bible pretty well, and I personally don’t think it’s a sin.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably best I stay out of the religious discussion.

I'm just going to say this and parrot @TedKennedy here, suicide destroys a family. My aunt committed suicide in 95 and it still effects my family. She was bi polar though.

Terminal illness, chronic pain, etc though, I don't judge. How can I? Spent some time working with the non-profit Clarehouse here in Tulsa. Eye-opening experience to say the least.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it doesn't matter. If God is omnipotent, why doesn't he ease the suffering of his own? I've had folks tell me my "guardian angel" kept me from dying. (most recently in February) My response is "where were they five years ago, when I was actively praying for my son?"

I can tell you this - suicide has an absolute devastating impact on everyone around the death. And it lasts for the remainder of their lives. I can understand it in some situations, but those aren't the majority.

As far as heaven, every culture and cult has their own idea of it. The golden streets, all that...yeah I used to believe it.

If a person has such intense suffering and God allows that, why the hell would I care what he thinks about me ending my own life?
So you are a part of the falling away then……

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably best I stay out of the religious discussion.

I'm just going to say this and parrot @TedKennedy here, suicide destroys a family. My aunt committed suicide in 95 and it still effects my family. She was bi polar though.

Terminal illness, chronic pain, etc though, I don't judge. How can I? Spent some time working with the non-profit Clarehouse here in Tulsa. Eye-opening experience to say the least.
BIL died at Clarehouse early this year. Nice place, probably the nicest place he'd ever been. Good service those folks do.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After my grandaughter Skylar shot herself, my whole family beinģ gun enthusiest, had a intimate discussion about if our practice of 2nd amendment activities contributed to her decision to off herself. Mass concensus was, NO it did not, she enjoyed range time alot
We all also had our individual "Help me understand, please God"
She was a wonderful kind girl loved by so many. I hope she got to go be with God.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After my grandaughter Skylar shot herself, my whole family beinģ gun enthusiest, had a intimate discussion about if our practice of 2nd amendment activities contributed to her decision to off herself. Mass concensus was, NO it did not, she enjoyed range time alot
We all also had our individual "Help me understand, please God"
She was a wonderful kind girl loved by so many. I hope she got to go be with God.
It's the most horrible thing a parent can go through, I far as I can tell.

The gun didn't cause it. There's usually a dark cloud of depression that connects every suicide. Sometimes there's drug abuse, sometimes there's trauma, but it always seems there's depression. It's so sad - it's like trying to stop a runaway train, and you feel helpless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom