Question for the oil field guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a question on fracking, when this is done does it make a loud boom? There have been a bunch of gas wells going up in my area, and all day I hear this booming sound. Not sure if this is what it is, or something else.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the fracking as I've never been on site for fracking, but if they are doing seismic surveys looking for oil and gas pockets they use dynamite and that definitely makes a boom.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are doing some seismic surveys in the area, but I think they are using the shaker trucks. They did that on my place a while back, but I don't remember them making that kind of racket. I remember back when I was a kid seeing them do surveys with charges, so maybe someone is using that method. It's been going constant more than a week now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if it's a propane cannon?
Some of the folks that have pecan orchards, or crops that are being invaded by blackbirds us these to keep them away. They can be very loud.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little off topic, but I heard recently that Yoko Ono has come out against fracking (guess I missed her geological credentials) and her son, Sean Lennon, has performed a song in defense of Mother Earth, "Don't Frack My Mom." You can't make this stuff up.

No booming from fracking--the crow gun Dennis mentioned is your best bet. Seismograph crews havn't used explosives (that I know of) in quite a while either. And for my fellow older folks, jug hustlers no longer have to carry and string all that wire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom