Rod stuck in ground. What is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the threaded portion had highly decorated brass pomel on it and it is called E
Sword, if you can pull it out you become the rightful King of Britain
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found this rod sticking up out of the ground on our property when we first bought our land last February. We are about half way between Bristow and Drumright, OK, so a hotspot for oil back in the day. Our neighbor who's 90 year old mom still lived on the property next to ours said our land and surrounding part of Creek County near Drumright hand lots of camps of oil field workers and some that were on our tract of land back in the 19-teens.

I'm assuming this must be some sort of relic from the oil boom in the area. The main shaft that goes into the dirt has three flat sides and one convex side to it and about 1.5" wide on each side. Top portion is threaded. You kick it and its solid. Must be down quite a ways. Probably got stuck in some rock and the worker couldn't fee it up so left it stuck there?

Anyone know more about this stuff than I and can give some indication as to what this may be as I'm only speculating? Sort of a cool feature.

View attachment 339361View attachment 339362
It's not rusted?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230116_002540_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom