Question on CZ 527

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My normally-reliable CZ 527 carbine in 7.62 Soviet is having a lot of misfires lately. It is intended for Eastern Bloc ammo like Tula and Wolf, so that is what I'm using. I got some pipe cleaners and disassembled the bolt and cleaned firing pin recess out, and it seems to have improved. Then I noticed that one of the stock screws was loose, so I tightend it up after I got it home. Could the loose stock screw have been a factor in the misfires? I don't see how it could, but I'm asking the question anyway.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Such a misfire could be the result of a light firing pin strike, a hard primer, or some combination of the two. I don't see how loose screws could cause such a thing, either.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the screw is holding the trigger group in proper position, then yes it could. I don't know many rifles where that is the case though.

Your firing pin could be worn, worn springs etc

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted their CS and they say it sounds like it needs a new firing pin spring. Now, I have to start looking for a gunsmith.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted their CS and they say it sounds like it needs a new firing pin spring. Now, I have to start looking for a gunsmith.
Just ordered two from CZ. I'll try installing it myself. One of my friends found a youtube video that shows how to do it. Why order two? I have another one in 223. Just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom