Quick change reloading bench mounting plates.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy72

Marksman
Reaction score
I am so cheap I made my own, used a walnut scrap to mount it to the bench. I put threaded inserts into the bottom of the bench and made wooden wing nuts that go through a piece of walnut and thread into the bench inserts.
the idea was I can remove the press without any tools and move it to a similar threaded insert on the shelf underneath the bench top. if you zoom in you can kind of see one of the threaded inserts on the lower shelf.
hope these pictures explain it better than I did. View attachment 280290I also mounted the 650 with threaded inserts but it is on a Dillon strong mount so I was able to attach it directly to the bench with no plate. View attachment 280289
I like your set up. I'm just now getting my bench set up. I'm curious about those wood screws you have. How did you do that? Could you post some close up pics? Are they actually screws or more like camlocks? My set up is not as good. I have a Hornady AP auto loader, Lee turret loader and an old lee single stage. I want to be able to move them around so I can also work on rifles without them getting in the way.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like your set up. I'm just now getting my bench set up. I'm curious about those wood screws you have. How did you do that? Could you post some close up pics? Are they actually screws or more like camlocks? My set up is not as good. I have a Hornady AP auto loader, Lee turret loader and an old lee single stage. I want to be able to move them around so I can also work on rifles without them getting in the way.
The wooden wing nuts are the result of an over caffeinated imagination but I will try to describe it. very simple idea was to take a 1/4” or 5/16” bolt of the right length, drill a hole through a little piece of wood scrap with a recess for the bolt head, insert the bolt (with a little glue) and cover the bolt head with a thin strip of wood as a “top” with a little wood glue. Trim the resulting thing to look sorta like a wing nut the right size to allow it to rotate without hitting the press frame. This home made mounting system is solidly mounted to the bench and is super easy to remove.

This home made wing nut (wing bolt?) goes through the mounting board, through the table top and into a threaded insert (I think these are called tee nuts) that is installed into the underside of the table. When removed the table has 4 little holes but has a smooth top. I hope this picture with one of the threaded inserts and the wing”bolt” helps.
22BC8785-7813-461A-AEF9-3247B2FE50E0.jpeg

Shaggy72

Marksman
Reaction score
The wooden wing nuts are the result of an over caffeinated imagination but I will try to describe it. very simple idea was to take a 1/4” or 5/16” bolt of the right length, drill a hole through a little piece of wood scrap with a recess for the bolt head, insert the bolt (with a little glue) and cover the bolt head with a thin strip of wood as a “top” with a little wood glue. Trim the resulting thing to look sorta like a wing nut the right size to allow it to rotate without hitting the press frame. This home made mounting system is solidly mounted to the bench and is super easy to remove.

This home made wing nut (wing bolt?) goes through the mounting board, through the table top and into a threaded insert (I think these are called tee nuts) that is installed into the underside of the table. When removed the table has 4 little holes but has a smooth top. I hope this picture with one of the threaded inserts and the wing”bolt” helps.
View attachment 291301
Thank you! It does, you got my wheels turning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom