rabbit ... how to iincrease population?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
land in creek county ... eighty acres. how to plant , landscape, brush pile, etc to increase rabbit population?

we have hawks. and prarie falcons

any place to get info on rabbit havitat

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Avian predators and ground predators both have an impact as well as natural diseases.
Habitat must include cover from both of the predators. "hinging" a tree is one of the best. Cut it with a chainsaw just enough that it tips over,(or pulling it over with a pickup) and the remaining bark on the uncut side will keep the tree alive and providing cover. Brush piles are enormous habitat for bunny's. Build them big and tight. The rabbits will love you.

The food plots I put in for deer also attract rabbits. I've seen them in the game cam pics at night. Wheat is what I put in for food plots.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, the rabbit to predator cycles (and rabbit to environment cycles) are really interesting, especially given how quickly they shift

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely discouraging air attacks will help... Not sure how to keep hawks away. Take out ground predators, too... if you need some help culling the yotes, there would prolly be some folks willing to come out. :D

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
couple of guys i know who breed rabbit dogs told me about the cycle timing, seems it's in 3 year groups. year of plenty, year of a few, year where they seem to be totally gone, then it starts over again. just what they told me, i don't know if those are facts

Latest posts

Top Bottom